VAT Exemption by Customer (Mobility products)

Guest VFR Guy

Guest VFR Guy

Hi,

I would like to use CC for a customer who sells mobility products in the UK. People buying these products usually have a registered disability, and therefore can buy items without paying VAT. They want customers to be able to tick a box that confirms that are eligible for VAT exemption, and for the VAT to be removed from the sale invoice.

I'm pretty sure I haven't seen this in CC4... anyone know of a way this could be implemented?

Thanks for any clues.

Steve

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I would like to use CC for a customer who sells mobility products in the UK. People buying these products usually have a registered disability, and therefore can buy items without paying VAT. They want customers to be able to tick a box that confirms that are eligible for VAT exemption, and for the VAT to be removed from the sale invoice.

I'm pretty sure I haven't seen this in CC4... anyone know of a way this could be implemented?

Thanks for any clues.

Steve

Probably not what you're exactly after, but I use a similar workaround, so thought I'd detail it, and it might give you an idea at least...

Users from Jersey and Guernsey do not pay VAT, as the Channel Islands are exempt from VAT for some strange reason known only to HMRC, apparently something do do with their help in the war?, anyway, I digress...

So I set up two new countries "Guernsey" and "Jersey", and as these two countries are not then in the UK those customers are not charged VAT in the store / checkout.

So, you could, ask customers to contact the store owner, then he would set their VAT status by changing their country from "United Kingdom" to (for instance) simply "UK", then the "UK" country would not be charged VAT.

It's a workaround, but one that does work... I use the same thing for VAT registered customers in the EU, they have to contact me and give me their VAT number, and then I just change the country from (again, for instance) "Spain" to "Spain-Business", and then when they go through the checkout they are not charged VAT...

Not exactly what you wanted, but maybe a free work-around...

The alternative is to contact one of the CC developers through the other forum...

Hope that helps

Dave

www.Bits4Vits.co.uk

• 2 months later...