Customer Groups?

Guest z28melissa

Guest z28melissa

Thought I could use the demo to see how this works but I "don't have permission". So...

What does Customer Groups do - does it allow me to set certain customers up to have an instant discount? I think that's what it's for but want to be sure before I upgrade. I'm currently using a mod to do this with v4.

Very excited about v5, great work guys!!!

Also... is there a list of new features anywhere to compare v4 to v5?

Thought I could use the demo to see how this works but I "don't have permission". So...

What does Customer Groups do - does it allow me to set certain customers up to have an instant discount? I think that's what it's for but want to be sure before I upgrade. I'm currently using a mod to do this with v4.

Very excited about v5, great work guys!!!

Also... is there a list of new features anywhere to compare v4 to v5?

Once you add a customer to a group they will get group/discount prices on those products that have been configured for group pricing. Each product will need to have special price configured for each group. It's not an overall % off discount.

man... that's a bummer. Might not upgrade after all then. Your v4 mod is working perfect for what I need.

Don't despair. V5 Plugin to enhance group functionality is in the works and will be released shortly.

Stay tuned to cubecartforums.org

Thanks

/Goober

How about a surcharge for specific categories or products... not customer based but category based.

Example... want to add a surcharge of 2-3% on Gold in a Coin Store for transactions(All transactions are credit card).

Haven't tried the options in CC5 yet to see if it will accomplish this... will your mod allow this?

Thanks,

Shane

man... that's a bummer. Might not upgrade after all then. Your v4 mod is working perfect for what I need.

Don't despair. V5 Plugin to enhance group functionality is in the works and will be released shortly.

Stay tuned to cubecartforums.org

Thanks

/Goober

How about a surcharge for specific categories or products... not customer based but category based.

Example... want to add a surcharge of 2-3% on Gold in a Coin Store for transactions(All transactions are credit card).

Haven't tried the options in CC5 yet to see if it will accomplish this... will your mod allow this?

Thanks,

Shane

Sorry, no. But go ahead and post what you need over at cubecartforums.org

Hi ALL

Has anyone tried the Customer Groups section.

The DEMO is not much use for this.

Is it possible to add the groups price on EXCEL and then import all the products with the group prices.

I do a lot of Wholesale and Retail so the way this has to work before i can upgrade.

Currently using V4 with various Mods

Thanks

Hi ALL

Has anyone tried the Customer Groups section.

The DEMO is not much use for this.

Is it possible to add the groups price on EXCEL and then import all the products with the group prices.

I do a lot of Wholesale and Retail so the way this has to work before i can upgrade.

Currently using V4 with various Mods

Thanks

Yes you can do that. Setup your products and groups first. then knowing id for both you can upload your excel into cubecart_pricing_group table.