Slam dunk!

Hey,

I just did an upgrade and looked good, bar some system log errors.

Then I tried to save changes to the Settings. CC5 burped and told me I'd got no license

Now I log in and all my settings have gone ....

Bit of a worry?

Jules

I subsequently found the following error

[Error] /home/xxxx/public_html/xxxx/includes/functions.inc.php:416 - Invalid IP address

You do NOT have to pay for help with a trial. Please submit a Sales Ticket and include Admin & FTP info in the body of your message. We'll do what we can to help get it sorted. Thanks!

:w00t:

You do NOT have to pay for help with a trial. Please submit a Sales Ticket and include Admin & FTP info in the body of your message. We'll do what we can to help get it sorted. Thanks!

Thanks for elaborating on that point.

You'll be pleased to know that the issues is way more likely to have been one with server support than CC500 so justice was done in the end.

Regards,

Jules

Guest gecleant.com

You'll be pleased to know that the issues is way more likely to have been one with server support than CC500 so justice was done in the end.

Regards,

Jules

same here with the new release and a trial-serial ... saved and then BANG everything lost.

Regards,

Jules

Same here. I have seen the invalid IP address line a couple times. I have lost all the store settings a couple times too and I do not know what triggered it. I have had to go to CubeCart Dashboard and Unlock the License and relock it a couple times too.

In talking to Al, he hasn't had a single instance of the config having being corrupted or missing. So I'm not sure what may be going on here. But we certainly want to find out and get it straightened out ASAP.

In talking to Al, he hasn't had a single instance of the config having being corrupted or missing. So I'm not sure what may be going on here. But we certainly want to find out and get it straightened out ASAP.

I'll wager everyone who's seeing this is seeing it on an upgrade rather than new install.

Another question might be, does the burp cause the data to go or does the burp cause the license code to go and that wipes the data?

Jules

Mine was an upgrade from 4.4.5 to 5.0.RC2... and then to 5.0.0.

I do not know if it is related to Clearing Logs/Cache or turning SEO on/off or installing the .htaccess.

P.S. Installing .htaccess and turning SEO off causes problems.

After some discussion with Rob, I realize that Al & I were talking about slightly different things....

We have indeed discovered some odd happenings when migrating from ISO-8851 / latin1 to UTF-8 encoding. This appears to manifest itself in various ways on upgrades. There's not always complete consistency with what happens and why. I did a LOT of reading on the issue and found that it affects many different software packages out there, not just CubeCart. I did more studying and found a solution that I know Al has tested on some of the upgrades he's performed directly. I don't know if the code is ready to be incorporated into the full release yet, that's up to him; but it essentially forces MySQL to rebuild the database contents with the proper encoding so that everything will be correctly stored under UTF-8 after the process.

I believe some it may have to do with upgraded MySQL DB versions as there are still hosts running quite old versions out there. If the V4 store was installed under an old version then upgraded later, it *could* explain why we only see the issue on some stores but not others. This is just speculation as it's very difficult to say without specific knowledge of every server it's occurred on, but from what I've seen, the modified upgrade script fixes the problem. Let's just hope you all kept a good copy of your pre-upgrade database :D

Guest wnysmall

Man I thought this was me. I got me so mad that I reverted back v4.5 until this issue gets fixed, wich I hope is real soon. I do like v5, looks alot better but with all the orders I get daily I am just affraid I am going to lose something at the moment.

Looks like the new DB migration code will be out in V5.0.1 which should release next week.

I do have to question the wisdom of migrating a production store, especially a high-volume store (over 5 orders a day), to a #.0.0 release software without testing on a dev/test install first. I would never just move an entire profitable store to .0.0 release without testing it all. This is why we provide beta and release candidates, but some people just won't bother for that. Because of this, it's impossible to test every potential combination of settings, etc. in development for us. That's why our customer base is so important to get that help from. [/rant]

Looks like the new DB migration code will be out in V5.0.1 which should release next week.

I do have to question the wisdom of migrating a production store, especially a high-volume store (over 5 orders a day), to a #.0.0 release software without testing on a dev/test install first. I would never just move an entire profitable store to .0.0 release without testing it all. This is why we provide beta and release candidates, but some people just won't bother for that. Because of this, it's impossible to test every potential combination of settings, etc. in development for us. That's why our customer base is so important to get that help from. [/rant]

I think I am going to start clean. I just wish the export of products kept the image associations. My dad has 1400 products or so and he is NOT that computer literate... and I do not have much time or energy outside of work since I am a Senior Software Engineer during the day. So, I am the webmaster even though I am a Linux C++ embedded applications programmer and only know enough html/php to get the job done.

If I export the 4.4.5 products to excel... I will have to manually make the category row be something like category_id "1"... and then redo the categories in CC5... it would be hard to make the cat ids add up. I will import the excel sheet to CC5 and just make cat_id "1" be a temp category and then re-associate category 1 to whatever the new cat_id becomes.

I think I am going to start clean. I just wish the export of products kept the image associations. My dad has 1400 products or so and he is NOT that computer literate... and I do not have much time or energy outside of work since I am a Senior Software Engineer during the day. So, I am the webmaster even though I am a Linux C++ embedded applications programmer and only know enough html/php to get the job done.

If I export the 4.4.5 products to excel... I will have to manually make the category row be something like category_id "1"... and then redo the categories in CC5... it would be hard to make the cat ids add up. I will import the excel sheet to CC5 and just make cat_id "1" be a temp category and then re-associate category 1 to whatever the new cat_id becomes.

The CC4xx export routine simply isn't good enough to do clean export => import to CC500. We tried; it's horrible!!!

We have over 4,000 inventory items and over 7,500 image files. We redo our inventory every 18 months or so and that involves reloading every item, rebuilding the descriptions and image files - the complete SEO shebang; sadly the last complete refresh, based on Google's last refresh, was only 5 months ago.

I'm beginning to believe that upgrading (given the issues dev' has with server encoding and their own database upgrade scripts) is a lost cause and will probably wait until the next refresh cycle then start with a clean install.

Jules

Guest hennaboy

You do realise that it could be a difference in mysql database compared to the one that has been used for testing by Cubecart. Which is what has already been stated.

Also as you have mentioned you have 4k inventory items with descriptions, orders etc then your looking at a hefty database upgrade.

All sorts of issues can arise depending on your server config php ini settings for example which could make the scripts timeout.

On my upgrade I had to disabled the ini memory limits in the ini.inc and setup index file.

I do not have as many products/categories as yourself however I have yet to notice any issue with the categories or products and their options. Its all looking good.

Fully agree.