Import Images

Please can someone help.

I have over 2000 products with Images, in CC4 I was able to FTP them, then hit Rebuild & Recount and it would find them all, In CC5 all that happens when I FTP them, and go into Images update file list, is I get a "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" message.

Is there a way around this?

• 3 weeks later...

Please can someone help.

I have over 2000 products with Images, in CC4 I was able to FTP them, then hit Rebuild & Recount and it would find them all, In CC5 all that happens when I FTP them, and go into Images update file list, is I get a "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" message.

Is there a way around this?

I have the same problem -- i have written some php to do the transfer - Not fully working yet but looking ok. It hooks into the DB of the old store and transfers the

products, catalogs and images.

I currently have one difficulty to solve but it looks like it could be an error in the CubeCart code, or an incompatibility with latest MySql release, really I'm not sure but the problem occurs even before I transfer any data to the new store - IE. a vanilla installation from CC.

Any way let me know if you want help.

Regards, ChrisColeman.

Guest hennaboy

@chriscoleman

I believe a lot of issue with images can be resolved by making sure your uploading to the correct location which is different from a cc4 store and making sure the permissions are correct before you do an upgrade.

@chriscoleman

I believe a lot of issue with images can be resolved by making sure your uploading to the correct location which is different from a cc4 store and making sure the permissions are correct before you do an upgrade.

Well you may be correct, but if migrating from another DB and a lot of images and products need to be uploaded say 1000s then it's not so simple, unless you want to type them all in one by one.

There is a better, quicker way using php but it's not straightforward.

Chris.

Guest hennaboy

Perhaps but its all about preperation isnt it. Your not moving from a similiar version of cubecart your moving to a complete new architecture.

Let me know if you get stuck with your php code though and ill have a look and see if i can help you.

Guest vivaigiochi

i have more of 100000 images (yes i write correct number), that is i have online for example 12000 products with from one to five image for gallery.

i use only ftp, then recreate (wth my program) the image_index table. all images must sended to server via ftp into images/source, i try to organize in subfolder for semplicity (when i open image dir with ftp it take long time...) but cube don't read if it are in other dir several of images/source/, so don't try other....i tihnk my problem is similar to your.

first i have installed (new fresh installation) cc5, so admin access it's ok with ie9...

after ftp of images i can't access to admin panel with ie9 but only with firefox...but if you create correct table in mysql database and put all images (first image and gallery images) into images/source i haven't problem in navigation of site. You can see this into www.pcutile.it. only admin access is wrong and only with ie9

so i don't know if the problem is related with ftp because at the end if you create correct table (CubeCart_image_index ; is my table) you haven't any problem related with normal navigation.

i use sql instruction like this:

INSERT INTO `CubeCart_image_index` (`id`,`product_Id`,`main_img`,`img`) VALUES ('',101239,'1','00023306.jpg');

INSERT INTO `CubeCart_image_index` (`id`,`product_Id`,`main_img`,`img`) VALUES ('',101239,'1','00023306-1.jpg');

INSERT INTO `CubeCart_image_index` (`id`,`product_Id`,`main_img`,`img`) VALUES ('',101239,'1','00023306-2.jpg');

INSERT INTO `CubeCart_image_index` (`id`,`product_Id`,`main_img`,`img`) VALUES ('',101239,'1','00023306-3.jpg');

where the first line is for main image and other for image gallery.

At begin i have study the parameter main_img, but at the end it work (how you can see www.pcutile.it) only if you give to it the value 1.

i want use ie9 with exploration in admin panel but at this time only firefox make it well....

Perhaps but its all about preperation isnt it. Your not moving from a similiar version of cubecart your moving to a complete new architecture.

Let me know if you get stuck with your php code though and ill have a look and see if i can help you.

at least i can write for you automatic procedure contact me via www.pcutile.it (it destroy and recreate db for 12000 products in less 20 minutes).

Guest hennaboy

Cubecart 5 is cache driven. As such any changes you make you should make sure that you clear the cache. This will include the upload of images. Also you have to make sure that the permissions for the images is correct and it will need to be recursive into the source directory.

This is the steps I made when I ftp'd my images to my cc5 install and all appeared in the admin just fine it also works with ie9.

Also you have your sql incorrect if your going to manually insert into the database and then cause yourself problems then dont be blaming the code.

Guest vivaigiochi

@ChrisColeman

look at my site www.pcutile.it

after upload images with ftp into images/source/ (look at another post of mine where i say that into other dir don't work)

i set the image_index table with a series of sql instruction mentioned in previous reply of this post.

If you see the are many products with own gallery image (sql work well)

but if you need automatic procedure that create the list of mysql instruction based on existence of image in your dir you can contact me via my site.

where is the error in mysql source? Look at www.pcutile.it. i never erase cache it's not need to fix database image.

unique problem that i have found is that you must ftp only into images/source/ dir and not use subdir (when i tried with subdir i delete cache but nothing work well however...)

At the end with 12000 products active in inventory everyone with his gallery at this time works well, unique wrong situation ie9 don't work well after massive ftp.

pheraps someone don't note this if he have only a poor database......

Cubecart 5 is cache driven. As such any changes you make you should make sure that you clear the cache. This will include the upload of images. Also you have to make sure that the permissions for the images is correct and it will need to be recursive into the source directory.

This is the steps I made when I ftp'd my images to my cc5 install and all appeared in the admin just fine it also works with ie9.

Also you have your sql incorrect if your going to manually insert into the database and then cause yourself problems then dont be blaming the code.