Royal Mail

Guest hennaboy

Guest hennaboy

Quite disappointed to see there is no royal mail shipping method available by default with cc5.

Means that until a new shipping mod is made available or if Estelle rewrites the cc4 mods then I cannot use CC5.

Guest discoworld

I think (and hope) that you will see continued additions to CC5 and I am sure that all the mod writers will be busy developing mods for this version. I think we are all looking forward to all the features being available for CC5 that are already available for CC3 and CC4 and at that point I know for sure we will move over to it.

Guest hennaboy

Im sure there will be a great influx of mods for CC5. However you would have thought that a UK ecommerce company would have included the main UK postage service :D

Guest karr1981

Im sure there will be a great influx of mods for CC5. However you would have thought that a UK ecommerce company would have included the main UK postage service :D

For some reason it seems CC dont like Royal mail, or should I say helping its customers use royal mail in their stores.

I offered during cc5 beta to help the dev of the royal mail shipping module by supplying al lthe various scenarios needed to code it to do the job, but i never had a reply. It wouldnt be too difficult to create one that handles the various requirements (price and weight based cut offs for services etc)

Who knows perhaps CC gets a % from some of the bigger mod developers so purposely leaves otu a few bits so we can pay extra for them? heheh jk

guess we just have to wait, but this lack of Royal mail shipping support is the main stopper to purchase for us and im sure other UK customers

Guest hennaboy

Yup I cannot use cc5 until there is sufficient options for Royal Mail and the base cc5 installation does not cover it.

1st class by weight

2nd class by weight

Next day delivery by weight

Saturday next day by weight

International air mail by weight

Air sure by weight

International signed for by weight

Are all required. Its disappointing that this will have to be a 3rd party paid for modification when if you live in the USA then your ready to go with all 3 of their major shipping services.

Guest karr1981

Yeah tell me about it, for the sake of 1 shipping module they would be helping EVERY current and potential UK customer.

Maybe the devs could post and let us know why they don't provide any support for the main UK shipping method

Yup I cannot use cc5 until there is sufficient options for Royal Mail and the base cc5 installation does not cover it.

1st class by weight

2nd class by weight

Air sure by weight

Are all required. Its disappointing that this will have to be a 3rd party paid for modification when if you live in the USA then your ready to go with all 3 of their major shipping services.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Classic Crackers

Yeah tell me about it, for the sake of 1 shipping module they would be helping EVERY current and potential UK customer.

Maybe the devs could post and let us know why they don't provide any support for the main UK shipping method

1st class by weight

2nd class by weight

Air sure by weight

Yep, I waited and waited for v5 and then saw that there was no Royal Mail shipping and I'm really disappointed. In v4 I had to pay Estelle for a decent mod that should be included in a paid cart. I've now migrated to Prestashop now and wished I'd done so a year ago

Guest karr1981

Good luck with that ive spent a lot of the year moving clients from presta to cubecart :D its not on the same level

does prestashop support royal mail shipping at all? and does it support digital downloads of files of 500mb?

No comments from anyone at cubecart so i guess that's their answer

Guest Classic Crackers

Good luck with that ive spent a lot of the year moving clients from presta to cubecart :D its not on the same level

does prestashop support royal mail shipping at all? and does it support digital downloads of files of 500mb?

No comments from anyone at cubecart so i guess that's their answer

Actually it does. There's not a Royal Mail mod so to speak, but you can set up shipping easily, name it whatever you want and use a logo for any shipping service and the options appear in the checkout. I have Royal Mail, DHL and my Hermes as well as collect in person. I couldn't do that with my test copy of CC5.

And yes you can alter the size of download files. You would have to make a change in the ini.php file:

post_max_size = 500M

upload_max_filesize = 500M

BTW. I have paid for and own 2 licences of CC v4, I've paid for half a dozen or so mods as well as skins with Katgirl. Nothing would give me more pleasure than to stick with CC rather than moving to a French company. Unfortunately the shipping in CC5 appears to be difficult to set up for UK shops and I'm annoyed at having to pay for mods all the time. There are a number of products features with Prestashop I love which can't be done in CC v5 as far as I know. Prestashop worked out of the box for me. However a lot of people have problems on the forum. A lot of it comes down to inexperience and modded templates. Another disappointment is the lack of responses on this forum.

Anyway I don't want to get into a which is best. Both have their good and bad points. I still have one shop running CC v4 and don't have plans to change any time soon. I may switch back my main shop in due course if CC v5 ever reaches the level of Prestashop but I like PS too much to do so at the moment. CC v5 is not on the same level yet IMHO :)

The mods removed my url pretty quickly because it's not CC, so they do that quickly. Pity they don't respond so swiftly to questions their paying customers post LOL

Guest hennaboy

Well no it doesnt then. You can add to their existing shipping methods which is the same as what CC4 and 5 offers. There is no specific royal mail module.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest gennad

I'm waiting on this too. I recently decided to trial free shipping for orders over £50 so I just set a small amount for paid shipping option.

i came from Open cart to here , dont know about that mod but very very careful 1495 was a great build the 151X is a bug hunt and they dont understand what a stable release is

it’s a fantastic shop but would only use 1495 its was aweosme

So how come you left OpenCart?

1: this cart did what we needed (im hoping and so far happy)

2: If you going to put a link to a download and make it public and promote as lastest build , dam make sure it aint full of bugs or a beta

saying that if yiou installed v1.501 you could not upgrade it to 1511 and even from 1495 all the data bases where different and there

where some well lets say crappy hacks to try to update it .

i dont mind a challenge but for a commercial site that was not good and did not want to go down that path , so i hope CC take a bit of this

and dont go down same track , (presently i love this version) bar the aussie post plugin not working !!!!! we are going live in 48hrs with the shop

3: I think (hope) some of the dev's will get on board soon with v5 , i watch v4 progress and was very happy with it - there are some small hacks

i love to do but happy to wait till there built

4: as it is a commercial shop i think and hope they have better plans than open source

5: it run on our servers

6: Most important it works with Eway payment gate way for Australia, we have to process with credit card PP is not an option

7: I really do like how it works now all set up, had very little issues bar some q's i asked and no one from CC answering them (DB issues )

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest hennaboy

I received a reply from CC staff today on if there would be a royal mail module built.

The answer was no. If your using a 3rd party module for CC4 then you will need to use a 3rd party module for CC5.

For myself this is a nail in the coffin for V5. Its supposed to be an e-commerce option that you can use in the UK which you cannot as there is no Royal Mail module.

No support for 1st class, 2nd class, Next Day, Recorded, Saturday Next Day, Airsure, International Signed For.

CC5 is NOT a cart you can use out of the box in the UK.

I needed to upgrade to provide a better shopping solution for my customers. As no 3rd party developers are willing to take on a royal mail module as yet, which I expressed to CC staff and they are not willing to develop one then its onwards to another cart solution.

Ive been a CC user since v3 but its time to move on.

• 3 months later...
Guest hennaboy

Still no support for Royal Mail in the 5.0.7 release way to go in listening to your customers.

The lack of 3rd party mod development shows just how little faith and future can be seen in the cubecart software. I think you just killed your own product line!