Shipping Charges Do Not Calculate

NARD

With V4, over the last 4-5 years, I used the Category method for calculating shipping charges. With 5.0.0 (and with my previous experiments with RC1 & RC2), the category charges are not brought to the check out process. There is only a drop down box with the label in bold italics, "Category" and a value of $0.00. If I include a handling charge to the category shipping configuration, that value alone will present itself to the checkout process.

The Flat Rate and Per Item methods appear to work correctly. (I am reluctant to post this since I've seen no other similar issues posted here or on the Mantis site).

-NARD

• 2 months later...

I have a similar issue. I use the UPS module and my zone is set to United States only. I had a customer place an order and the total basket weight was 150 pounds. It did not calculate the shipping charge and only charged the $5.00 handling charge we had set up. I know that UPS typically only allows 70 pounds per box without adding a significant charge for anything over 70 pounds. But when I tried to duplicate the problem and did the same order I had to reduce the products to get the weight down and it will give me the correct shipping quote. I don't know why if an order in my basket is over 70 pounds it won't give me a quote. A customer ordered $500 worth of Products and after I called them to let them know that their shipping was not configured correctly in the shopping cart they got angry and canceled their order. So far the cubecart has caused a lot of frustration. Also I am not quite sure what the packaging weight option is for under the UPS module. Is it to set a specified weight so that everything would be based on that weight?

On a side note we only ship ups ground residential.

• 4 weeks later...