Digital Download System Bugs

Lacie

I've just updated to CC5 and well..to be honest I don't think its been properly tested since the RC1 or 2

I host particularly large downloadable files (around 900Mb) and so its not possible to upload them from the CC interface without it timing out. Instead I upload them via FTP. If I upload the downloadable file to a folder that I create in the Admin 'digital options' and refresh the page - it doesn't show the file I uploaded into the folder. I've tried and tried but no matter what file I upload via FTP - it just doesn't show it in the folder. The only way I can get it to show in that folder is to upload it using Cubecarts built in uploader but then it has to be a tiny file otherwise it times out.

I nevertheless enter the location of the file in the digital URL options. But when I do a test purchase, I receive the email with a download link - click onto it and...nothing!

It states that "no downloads are available" in the customer area and doesn't download the file either.

I've upgraded my shop and I'm now stuck. I can't host downloads so the shop is absolutely useless to me :(

Any chance of a bug fix as soon as possible on this? I'm stuffed until its fixed.

For crying out loud!!! :angry2:

I submit a ticket to your knowledge base and receive a reply that you need my shop address and all my FTP details!? You don't need them, just upload it to your own server, try it and you can plainly see it just doesn't bloody work! Nonetheless, I thought I would give you my details and guess what - to add insult to injury - I can't even reply to the message because your knowledge base system isn't working properly either.

I attempt to log in and it informs me that my username or password are wrong. I request a new password to my email, confirm it in my email (so I know my login name is correct), I change my password - try it all again - and it still comes back with invalid username or password. I try to create a new account - and one already exists with my email.

So CubeCart 5 doesn't work properly and your knowledge base doesn't work properly either.

This is beyond a joke. :angry2:

Guest Technocrat

Sorry for the issues. I am not sure why the bug tracker isn't working for you. Its up for me. There was problems with the server over the last few days maybe that's part of it.

900MB is probably causing PHP to timeout during the upload. Do you know what your timeout settings are for PHP? Or your upload size? There is a good chance this will be an issue sending the file as well.

• 1 month later...

I have a CC4 shop running selling digital files above 1 GB. I do this via Linklok and Amazon S3. Works pretty fine.

Do you manually approve an order and then send the download link via Linklok? I don't know how Linklok can support instant delivery of the download link once the order is put through CubeCart (instead of Linklok). Thanks!

Guest 7raben

I have a CC4 shop running selling digital files above 1 GB. I do this via Linklok and Amazon S3. Works pretty fine.

Do you manually approve an order and then send the download link via Linklok? I don't know how Linklok can support instant delivery of the download link once the order is put through CubeCart (instead of Linklok). Thanks!

There's a Version of Linklok for CC4. You generate an encrypted link with linklok once you create a product. Instant delivery worked fine for me with paypal. An email is sent with the downloadlink.

There's a Version of Linklok for CC4. You generate an encrypted link with linklok once you create a product. Instant delivery worked fine for me with paypal. An email is sent with the downloadlink.

You had better stop using this version of Linklok for CC4 if you don't want somebody who ordered your products to put them onto those file-sharing sites. If you visit the Linklok site again, you will find this particular version of Linklok is no longer existed. PM me if you'd like to know how it is flawed. :-)

• 5 months later...
Guest Forkboy2

I know the post is a bit old, but thought I'd share how to get around the issue in the original question. After you upload your large files, you have to manually update the file URL in the Inventory database using phpMyAdmin. Unfortunately, the developers put the screenshots in a different database, so you have to also update the Image_Index database if you have screenshots and make sure the screenshot and product both have the Same Product ID so they link together.

It takes some trial and error and don't try this if you're not willing to delete all your products and start over. What I have now is an Excel Spreadsheet with all my products and screenshots and their URLs. I just export the spreadsheet to a CSV file and upload these directly into my database using phpMyAdmin, which is much easier than bulk adding products through the interface.

The developers could make this process much easier. For example, CubeCart should automatically add files that it finds uploaded via FTP instead of requiring the database to be updated manually. It should also automatically link a screenshot with a product based on the file name.