2Checkout & Fraudlent Orders

Al Brookbanks

CubeCart does not make a lot of sales and really just makes enough to tick over... I ranting today as I have had at least 5 fraudulent orders with 2Checkout over the last 4 months which I think is disgraceful. What upsets me more is that they are going to make me pay a $29 charge back fee on top of losing $60!!

Has anybody else had an inexusable amout of fraudulent orders with 2Checkout?!

The following order was disputed by the cardholder with their bank and was subsequently reversed by the bank in question.

Reason: Unknown

Order Number: 60871 - xxxxxxx

Total Order: 60.00

The funds will be deducted from the next payment for Brooky.com along with a $29 chargeback fee.   Repeated chargebacks can result in additional funds being held in reserve and/or the termination of your account.

This arrived today with no warning what so ever.

;):( :P

Guest merlintx1969

I am sorry to see that people want to be so assinine.

Brooky allows you to use the software unlicensed, JUST LEAVE THE CREDIT WHERE IT IS.

and you want to make it harder for a person to make a living.

<< hasnt registered YET, I am still trying to see if I can get the mods I need ( Multiple catagory, tax by state and search in edit products and affiliate )

I can say this is the best script on the net.

and to those people who want to do nothing but cost people money.

You should all be ;)

I had a similar but different experience some time back when some one in Lebanon got hold of my Credit Card details and used it on a web hosting company, the guy thought that me being living in India will perhaps give him enough time to get away with it, but he just overlooked the fact that we are the people behind major technologies, so I got hold of this transaction only a few hours later and talked to the hosting company before reporting to the bank.

The hosting guy was nice enough to refund the whole amount then and there.

I got my money back, and also came to know the name and mail address of the fradulant guy, posted his details at various discussion groups so that people around the world may benefit of it.

But still I thought, when that day will arrive when we will be free of thefts and such incidents, and now it's brooky, of all people, who is giving so much to the world is being cheated like this.

It's a shame for whoever did this. I am sure that the guy (or persons)responsible are going to read this post, as by nature people do return to there place of crime, and I request them please do not do this again to good people, as there are very few of them left nowdays.

just out of intrest, why would people pay for a semi free service with a stolen credit card in the first place.

If I was morally bent, then I would remove the copywright and hope noboddy saw it. (no offense ment)

Its seems odd that someone would try and use a stolen card to register software for there domain, when there is no point as they cant allow any records to trace back to them.

please start a pinned area for credit card proceesors, as I hate 2checkout , they have been nothing but problems for me.

just out of intrest, why would people pay for a semi free service with a stolen credit card in the first place.

If I was morally bent, then I would remove the copywright and hope noboddy saw it. (no offense ment)

Its seems odd that someone would try and use a stolen card to register software for there domain, when there is no point as they cant allow any records to trace back to them.

please start a pinned area for credit card proceesors, as I hate 2checkout , they have been nothing but problems for me.

Just because a transaction is disputed, does not mean the card was reported stolen. The person who made the purchase might have disputed the charge with theiir credit card company for various reasons. That's why I refund a purchase if the customer is not happy with a purchase myself if the customer returns the purchased items(at their expense). I don't get charged a charge back fee by my cc processor and the customer might come back as a serious shopper. I find it cheaper to do it this way. But I only do that withing 60 days of purchase, after 60 days, the customer cannot dispute the charge anymore, so it's "safe". Plus the customer will have a much harder time disputed a charge based on anything except a stolen card, when the merchant offers a refund based on return of the goods.

Hi Brooky and everyone else here...this is a long one

I have an online store that sells goods in the UK...I am using the cube cart for one reason....It is damn good and saves me an enourmous amount of time in developing a similar product and is a pitence to buy!!!

Now onto the Payment Processor...I use worldpay and have done so for some months. One of the reasons why I use cubecart as well actually, but that said they have a great facility online where you can go into the transaction ID and it tells you where the cc is registered. I had an order from russia some 2 weeks ago and obviously I thought it was fraudulent so I checked the trans ID with world pay - The card was registered to an english named guy in the states!! And that goes as well for another order from New Zealand??? I am awaiting that one to clear at the moment. I do have a policy on the site that says that the overseas orders will not be dispatched until 30 days have passed after the funds are cleared...

I guess Brooky that is a little hard for you as you want people to remove the credit asap - it a damn shame that people steal on the net cos it forces generous people like Brooky to increase his prices to cover fraud - ;)

Some food for thought??

Crash

I was rather unhappy with 2checkout so i decided to cancell my account to get my "30 day money back set up fee" anyway they say that i will get the refund of 49 dollars setup fee..... however all the sales I have had, i will not get paid for as it does not meet the minumum release as set by me of $4000 ...... ( i was testing the software )

I was unable to change the set up as i was told to hold (on the phone) while they checked my info regarding the account .... when they came back they had already closed my account and my funds had been taken....

I am not a happy puppy .

so now i need to find a new cc processor ;)

I was rather unhappy with 2checkout so i decided to cancell my account to get my "30 day money back set up fee" anyway they say that i will get the refund of 49 dollars setup fee..... however all the sales I have had, i will not get paid for as it does not meet the minumum release as set by me of $4000 ...... ( i was testing the software )

I was unable to change the set up as i was told to hold (on the phone) while they checked my info regarding the account .... when they came back they had already closed my account and my funds had been taken....

I am not a happy puppy .

so now i need to find a new cc processor ;)

Wow I would file a complaint with the FDIC and tell 2checkout that. When an account is closed they cannot just hold moneys in that account, that is theft.

I would like to see my bank try that with me.

FDIC Consumer Complaints

• 4 months later...

Unfortunately, the internet is a haven for thiefs. Making it even easier for the thief is the fact that the items sold are digital. It's inherent in our business of selling digital goods (I do the same) that this occurs. In 2002, I had well over $3K worth of fraudulent orders.

Changing to another credit card processor won't help this situation. You may want to look for a company, however, that "specializes" in processing credit cards for your typeof business, should one exist (I am presently only accepting paypal, as I consider getting completely out of the business I am in). The closest way to circumvent this is to require the customer to send you a message (email) verifying receipt of the digital merchandise. Needless to say, this is problematic and very impractical unless it is a fully automated system.

Example migt be: The individual receives your registration code and places it into your software. The customer must then enter the same email address they used when they placed their order and click submit. Upon hitting submit, the automatically send an email which verifies receipt and use of the registration code.

I am NOT a programmer and have no clue how tough this would be. What I DO know is that this is as close as you can come to proving that you actually sold a digital item to someone.

Just my 2 cents.

Dann

• 4 months later...

I just wanted to let everyone know that I use paypal and I received an email 3 different times in one week stating that my PayPal account has been frozen and I need to click on the link to update and verify my information. Dummy me did what it said and within 5 minutes, no joke, they where at an ATM and they drained my account completely. I had $900.00 and it was gone. They made 5 withdrawals in 15 minutes and where also located in Romania so my bank called me immediately because I live in USA and did an investigation and I did get my money back, but the theives were never caught and they got my money. I forwarded all three emails to paypal and they sent out an alert!! I will know better next time.

Guest repustech

I agree, it seems as though it would be easier to work for a living... must take a ton of effort to come up with a scam like that.... in general society just sux these days.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

I have one problem with a puchased license key.

I made a purchase of license key, assigned it to a domain and guess what? It's no more available when I login to cubecart.com. :)(((

I paid by Paypal, have all transaction ID and etc... and paid using my own credit card and my own paypal account.

I wrote to Brooky and itäs about 10 days waiting for her answer....

I don't know what to do... I won't pay twice for a license key I already paid.. and if there won't be any answer from Brooky in some days will try to get my money from paypal:((((