Randomize Latest Product

When i was running CC4 i had altered my includes/content/index.inc.php file, to Randomize my Latest Products on homepage, can anyone offer advice at which file I should be looking at in CC5 to achieve the same?

• 1 month later...

The code is in /classes/cubecart.class.php around line 72. The select function, if that's what you intend to modify, is in /classes/db/database.class.php around line 460.

• 2 months later...

The line where the latest products get selected from the database is cubecart.class.php line 74; it looks like this:

$latestProducts = $GLOBALS['db']->select('CubeCart_inventory', false,  array('status' => '1', 'featured' => '1'), array('date_added' => 'DESC', 'product_id' => 'DESC'), (int)$GLOBALS['config']->get('config', 'catalogue_latest_products_count'));

The variables getting passed to the select() function are $table, $columns, $where, $order, $maxRows. So what I'm assuming what you would need to do is change the order from DESC to RAND(). Replace "array('date_added' => 'DESC', 'product_id' => 'DESC')" with "'RAND()'" so the line looks like this:

$latestProducts = $GLOBALS['db']->select('CubeCart_inventory', false,  array('status' => '1', 'featured' => '1'), 'RAND()', (int)$GLOBALS['config']->get('config', 'catalogue_latest_products_count'));

That should do the trick.... in theory.