Static Featured Product

Guest Reece Cropley

Guest Reece Cropley

Hello Guys

I have been trying to find a out to get the featured product to be static. I have looked through the admin section and I cant seem to find anything to help me out.

I have seen on the forums for previous cubecart versions that you can alter the randomProd.inc.php file and set the $whereClause variable so that it will only read out a specific product_id from the database. However the code for CC5 is different to CC3.

//$whereClause	= (isset($_GET['catId']) && is_numeric($_GET['catId'])) ? "AND I.cat_id=".$db->mySQLSafe($_GET['catId'])." AND I.cat_id > 0 AND C.hide != '1'" : "AND I.cat_id > 0";

$whereClause = "WHERE product_id = '3'";

$sql			= sprintf("SELECT I.name, I.image, I.productId FROM %1\$sCubeCart_inventory AS I, %1\$sCubeCart_category AS C WHERE I.cat_id = C.cat_id AND I.disabled != '1' AND C.hide = '0' AND (C.cat_desc != '##HIDDEN##' OR C.cat_desc IS NULL) %2\$s ORDER BY RAND(%3\$d) LIMIT 1", $glob['dbprefix'], $whereClause, $seed);

$randProd		= $db->select($sql);

Above is the altered $whereClause variable. It doesn't work.

If anyone has already solved this or has any idea on how to I would like to know.

Regards,

Reece Cropley

Hello Guys

I have been trying to find a out to get the featured product to be static. I have looked through the admin section and I cant seem to find anything to help me out.

I have seen on the forums for previous cubecart versions that you can alter the randomProd.inc.php file and set the $whereClause variable so that it will only read out a specific product_id from the database. However the code for CC5 is different to CC3.

//$whereClause	= (isset($_GET['catId']) && is_numeric($_GET['catId'])) ? "AND I.cat_id=".$db->mySQLSafe($_GET['catId'])." AND I.cat_id > 0 AND C.hide != '1'" : "AND I.cat_id > 0";

$sql			= sprintf("SELECT I.name, I.image, I.productId FROM %1\$sCubeCart_inventory AS I, %1\$sCubeCart_category AS C WHERE I.cat_id = C.cat_id AND I.disabled != '1' AND C.hide = '0' AND (C.cat_desc != '##HIDDEN##' OR C.cat_desc IS NULL) %2\$s ORDER BY RAND(%3\$d) LIMIT 1", $glob['dbprefix'], $whereClause, $seed);

If anyone has already solved this or has any idea on how to I would like to know.

Regards,

Reece Cropley

Find and edit file called "classes/gui.class.php". Inside that file find this line of code

Thanks

/Goober

if (($query = $GLOBALS['db']->select('CubeCart_inventory', false, array('status' => '1'), 'RAND()', '1')) !== false) {

The above is the select statement for the featured product. edit that line to fit your needs. It should look like this to force product_id 3

if (($query = $GLOBALS['db']->select('CubeCart_inventory', false, array('status' => '1', 'product_id' => '3'), 'RAND()', '1')) !== false) {

Guest Reece Cropley

Hello Guys

Regards,

Reece Cropley

Find and edit file called "classes/gui.class.php". Inside that file find this line of code

Thanks

/Goober

if (($query = $GLOBALS['db']->select('CubeCart_inventory', false, array('status' => '1'), 'RAND()', '1')) !== false) {

The above is the select statement for the featured product. edit that line to fit your needs. It should look like this to force product_id 3

if (($query = $GLOBALS['db']->select('CubeCart_inventory', false, array('status' => '1', 'product_id' => '3'), 'RAND()', '1')) !== false) {

Worked first time. Thank You

Hello Guys

Regards,

Reece Cropley

Thanks

/Goober

Worked first time. Thank You

Does anybody know how to randomize Latest Products?

you can't really randomize from a limited number of products. If you wanted to randomize from the entire catalog than that would be easy.

Thats what I would like to happen, i.e. in the Latest products box, I would like it to pick at random any Products from my catalog but chance them at random any time the page is viewed or refreshed.

Any ideas on how i can do this? I done it in CC4, but can't figure it out in CC5

you can't really randomize from a limited number of products. If you wanted to randomize from the entire catalog than that would be easy.

Thats what I would like to happen, i.e. in the Latest products box, I would like it to pick at random any Products from my catalog but chance them at random any time the page is viewed or refreshed.

Any ideas on how i can do this? I done it in CC4, but can't figure it out in CC5

try this

Edit file: classes/cubecart.class.php

Find this line

$latestProducts = $GLOBALS['db']->select('CubeCart_inventory', false,  array('status' => '1', 'featured' => '1'), array('date_added' => 'DESC', 'product_id' => 'DESC'), (int)$GLOBALS['config']->get('config', 'catalogue_latest_products_count'));

change it to this line

$latestProducts = $GLOBALS['db']->select('CubeCart_inventory', false, false, 'RAND()', (int)$GLOBALS['config']->get('config', 'catalogue_latest_products_count'));

Enjoy

/Goober

• 1 year later...
Guest Quiltessa

Goober,

It looks like the latest release changed the

latestProducts = $GLOBALS['db']->select('CubeCart_inventory', false, array('status' => '1', 'featured' => '1'), array('date_added' => 'DESC', 'product_id' => 'DESC'), (int)$GLOBALS['config']->get('config', 'catalogue_latest

would it be possible for you to look at it and give us the necessary change to keep the static featured product..

Thanks

you can't really randomize from a limited number of products.

Um, well actually....

1. Tick "Include in Latest Products" for all the products you want randomised (in this case that woud be the entire catalogue, but it can also just be a selection of products you want featured).

2. Set "Number of latest products to show" to however many products are set to be included in Latest Products.

3. In /skins/[yourskin]/templates/content.homepage.php find:

{foreach from=$LATEST_PRODUCTS item=product}

and add before:

{capture}{$LATEST_PRODUCTS|@shuffle}{/capture}

This will randomise the $LATEST_PRODUCTS array

4. To limit the number of products displayed, add the following after {foreach from=$LATEST_PRODUCTS item=product}

{if $product@iteration > 3}{break}{/if}

That will limit it to 3 products. Change the number to however many you want.