Installation of v5 on a local server

Guest grumpydave

Could anyone point me in the direction of how to set up CC5 on a local server using easyPHP, Wamp or Xampp etc? I have not been having much luck with this today, or installing it on a web server for that matter. As an amateur as opposed to a developer the CC5 hosting requirements for ioncube / zend optimiszer and curl are certainly causing me some problems.

Also I always thought that the ease of producing your own skin for CC4 was always it's greatest asset but I cannot find any documentation containing instructions for the new templating system being used for CC5. Is there any yet? The demo looks pretty sweet though, good work Devellion!

Thanks,

Dave.

Guest grumpydave

Right, got my head around enabling cURL in Xampp. This was partly thanks to some very good documentation from a cubecart competitor, a demo of who's cart is now installed locally on my PC!

Here is how to do it:

• Install Xampp.

• Open xampp/php/php.ini

• Remove the semi-colon from the line ;extension=php_curl.dll, I used an editor with a 'find' function and discovered it at line 952 of php.ini

• Stop and restart the Apache server. You can use the Xampp control panel to do this which is opened by clicking on xampp/xampp-control.exe

My question now is how to install ioncube on the server so I can get CC5 up and running, I have gleaned nothing but confusion from searching the web for how to do this. Zend Optimizer doesn't work with the more recent versions of PHP as used by Xampp, worst luck.

Go here and download the loader wizard (unless you know exactly what variant of PHP you are running):

http://www.ioncube.com/loaders.php

You can go the installer route, but I preferred the zip file and editing the php.ini file. I put the new line at the end of all the extension lines:

;extension=php_sqlite3.dll

;extension=php_sybase_ct.dll

;extension=php_tidy.dll

;extension=php_xmlrpc.dll

;extension=php_xsl.dll

;extension=php_zip.dll

zend_extension = "C:\PHP5\ioncube\ioncube_loader_win_5.3.dll"

Right, got my head around enabling cURL in Xampp. This was partly thanks to some very good documentation from a cubecart competitor, a demo of who's cart is now installed locally on my PC!

Here is how to do it:

• Install Xampp.

• Open xampp/php/php.ini

• Remove the semi-colon from the line ;extension=php_curl.dll, I used an editor with a 'find' function and discovered it at line 952 of php.ini

• Stop and restart the Apache server. You can use the Xampp control panel to do this which is opened by clicking on xampp/xampp-control.exe

My question now is how to install ioncube on the server so I can get CC5 up and running, I have gleaned nothing but confusion from searching the web for how to do this. Zend Optimizer doesn't work with the more recent versions of PHP as used by Xampp, worst luck.

I can't help too much with xampp - running Linux here with Apache.

I found the following link that may help;

http://support.open-realty.org/showthread.php?24689-installing-ioncube-on-Xampp.

and/or;

http://www.smoothblog.co.uk/2011/05/07/install-ioncube-xampp/

I can't easily install xampp, but yell back if the above doesn't help.

Jason

Guest grumpydave

Go here and download the loader wizard (unless you know exactly what variant of PHP you are running):

http://www.ioncube.com/loaders.php

You can go the installer route, but I preferred the zip file and editing the php.ini file. I put the new line at the end of all the extension lines:

;extension=php_sqlite3.dll

;extension=php_sybase_ct.dll

;extension=php_tidy.dll

;extension=php_xmlrpc.dll

;extension=php_xsl.dll

;extension=php_zip.dll

zend_extension = "C:\PHP5\ioncube\ioncube_loader_win_5.3.dll"

Brilliant! That did the trick and I now have CC5 up and running locally with Xampp. Thanks so much for all the help.