Frustrated Customers trying to purchase more items

irori

Heya Everyone,

I have had a few customers emailing me as they have purchased and paid for an item and then decided to buy something else and cannot. Is this usual? I do not know for sure but I am guessing I need to mark their last order as 'completed' first - as if it is 'pending' the system will not let them add more? (I dont actually know if that is what it is I am just guessing) does anyone know what is happening here and if so - is there a way to get around this as it is a total pain for my customers and myself!

Thanks

Irori

What exactly are they having problems with? Logging in again?

Order status doesn't matter and I have customers place multiple orders.

When a customer buys one or more items and pays via PayPal (the only gateway I offer) then decides to go back and order something else to be shipped with what they just bought it will not allow them to add anything or buy anything. I have asked them to log out and try but then as they have to log back in to make the order it doesn't work, I thought it may be something to do with cubecart labeling the order 'pending' and perhaps when i mark it 'completed' it may let them make new purchases? I have not tried it though. I thought maybe others may have experienced this problem?

I hope this made more sense than my first question :)

irori

Can you reproduce the problem?

I have 'purchased' multiple items off my store in one transaction, then went back and purchased another with no problems at all...why would it let me but not my customers ?

Once a transaction completes, the customer cannot go back and modify the same order (add more items to the same order), so that is working as it should be, so I suspect that is not your problem?

Still not understanding where the issue comes in - are they having problems on your site adding items to their cart or when they try to pay and having problems with Paypal? Changing the status of an order in your cart has nothing to do with it.

If they cannot complete a new, different order, my first guess would be due to cookies - if they cleared their cache it should work. Paypal especially gets sessions mixed up which is what I am thinking is happening so if they log out of paypal, clear their cache, close and reopen their browser, and then do a new order, it shouldn't be an issue.

I know paypal gives me issues when I'm logged into my paypal account and pay for something via paypal on a vendor's site, I get security and session issues and have to restart my browser until it lets me log in again. I think it has to do with the way Paypal handles cookies and unfortunately, there is nothing I know of to do about it.

Once a transaction completes, the customer cannot go back and modify the same order (add more items to the same order), so that is working as it should be, so I suspect that is not your problem?

Still not understanding where the issue comes in - are they having problems on your site adding items to their cart or when they try to pay and having problems with Paypal? Changing the status of an order in your cart has nothing to do with it.

If they cannot complete a new, different order, my first guess would be due to cookies - if they cleared their cache it should work. Paypal especially gets sessions mixed up which is what I am thinking is happening so if they log out of paypal, clear their cache, close and reopen their browser, and then do a new order, it shouldn't be an issue.

I know paypal gives me issues when I'm logged into my paypal account and pay for something via paypal on a vendor's site, I get security and session issues and have to restart my browser until it lets me log in again. I think it has to do with the way Paypal handles cookies and unfortunately, there is nothing I know of to do about it.

Thankyou for your response,

for clarification my two customers told me they are having trouble ordering anything at all once they have already made an order and paid for it via paypal. When they went back to purchase an additional item they said 'it wouldn't let me' and that they tried multiple times. I ended up sending them an invoice through PayPal. If it happens again I willl try and get more information. I think you may be right about Cookies and PayPal as it has only happened with two customers.

:)