"Warning: cache data not written" message since install of 5.0

lvemy3100

This is the warning being shown on the Admin and Customer ends of the store...

Warning: file_put_contents(/html/store/cache/1451b055e51aa12230e777989c666e2b.sql.05325ecb678af55c23315587fc14f74c.cache) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: File too large in /html/store/classes/cache/file.class.php on line 239

Warning: Cache data not written. in /html/store/classes/cache/file.class.php on line 242

Warning: file_put_contents(/html/store/cache/1451b055e51aa12230e777989c666e2b.sql.05325ecb678af55c23315587fc14f74c.cache) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: File too large in /html/store/classes/cache/file.class.php on line 239

Warning: Cache data not written. in /html/store/classes/cache/file.class.php on line 242

I really dont know much about coding but can follow directions very well. I have had things happen in the past and have been able to get everything fixed however I have yet to come across anyone with an issue like this so there arent any "fixes" readily available to my knowledge.

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could please help me out with this issue.

TIA

Guest hennaboy

Your cache cannot be written too which is what its stating in the error.

Set the correct permissions on the cache directory. 0777

Thank you for the advice however the file permissions are set correctly on the cache directory and I am still getting the error.

I believe the error is stating that the file is too large to be written.. but again I dont really know that and I am just guessing..

Guest Technocrat

Do you have access to your php.ini file? You may have to go in there and increase your max file size. If you dont then you might need to turn off cache.

Guest Technocrat

Though true some shared hosts don't allow 0755 access. Thus it has to be 0777. We have cleaned that up in 5.0.1 however

Made me laugh. Sorry having a directory set to a certain permission does not mean your store can be hacked.

Basically with the permissions set to 777, anyone can write to that folder, edit the folder contents or delete items in that folder. Not much of a laughing matter to me. It's bad practice. .

Guest hennaboy

Just because 777 states that everyone can write it does not mean that everyone can as it depends on the server setup and security.

Bearing in mind that no matter what your permissions if your underlying security is not good then anyone will be able to get in anyway.

If your host has its user & groups and security done correctly then it will be no problem although you could just set to 770 instead.

It really comes down to your host and server security. If your security is bad then yeah it will be a bad idea but hey its going to be a bad idea whatever the permissions.