Key hash is incorrect. File may have been tampered with. (Code: 3)

Guest chonk

Guest chonk

Help. Just upgraded from 4.2 to 5 and now get this message when trying to log into my admin panel

Key hash is incorrect. File may have been tampered with. (Code: 3)

It's the software license key - which I have and paste into the form box but doesn't do anything.

<first of several upgrade issues to come I'm sure>

error.jpg

Something somewhat similar happened to a user of a very old version of CC3. The fault was that it used a function that returned a different value depending on whether PHP was a 64-bit version running on a 64-bit CPU or 32-bit.

Can you tell us if your server and PHP is 32 or 64 bit? Of course, your situation may be completely unrelated.

• 1 month later...

Something somewhat similar happened to a user of a very old version of CC3. The fault was that it used a function that returned a different value depending on whether PHP was a 64-bit version running on a 64-bit CPU or 32-bit.

Can you tell us if your server and PHP is 32 or 64 bit? Of course, your situation may be completely unrelated.

it means you need to pay to upgrade your license key to v5 your v3 or v4 license key wont work its $50 to upgrade the key