Pay Pal Standard Error

dcmgraphics

I have just installed version 5 for a new store. I've used version 4 for other stores, so I am familiar with Cube Cart in general.

I am using Pay Pal Standard for my payment gateway. But I keep getting this error when I try to run through a test order. This message comes up from Paypal:

"Unable to process payment. Please contact the merchant as the shipping address provided by the merchant is invalid, and the merchant has requested that your order must be shipped to that address."

At first I thought maybe it was a Paypal issue, but I did a google search and nothing comes up for Cubecart, but for other shopping carts. I have set the payment allowed zone for the US. What am I missing??? I am guessing it has to be something so simple, but just don't know what it is. Any quick help is much appreciated!

Well I did a fix I found in a google search for OScommerce. It worked, not sure if this is the best way around the problem, but until someone can give me the right answer...

here is what I did in case anyone else needs it:

modules > gateway > paypal > gateway.class.php

delete this line (around line 65)

'address_override' => '1'

Guest hennaboy

Yeah I was wondering if that was disabled/enabled then it would change that setting without you having to go in and comment out the line.

• 1 month later...

I am having the same error, but only when you sign up an account on the site. If you buy as a guess customers it works perfectly. Also, when you registor for an account it doesn't give you a place for your address. When you choose save, then it shows an error stating you need to add an address with the proprer place to to add it. Then I still can't transfer to paypal payment section. Then if I go back edit address and check default address box it lets me thru to the payment section of paypal. Strange Error!

I am going to upgrade to 5.0.4 and if I still have this issue, I will try deleting that line.

Thanks,

• 1 month later...

I'm confused. I'm on 5.05 and I had the address override enabled - checked green. But I've had several failed orders where they said they got a message about not having the correct address.

So, should it be left red check if I do NOT want the customer's order to fail if they use a different address on our site than they have listed on PayPal?

I'm confused. I'm on 5.05 and I had the address override enabled - checked green. But I've had several failed orders where they said they got a message about not having the correct address.

So, should it be left red check if I do NOT want the customer's order to fail if they use a different address on our site than they have listed on PayPal?

This is a problem I fought with for weeks! Eventually Al got it fixed but I honestly have no idea what he did as I submitted a help ticket and the next day it was working.

I can say that I had to went in and set up what countries I wanted to accept paypal from under the allowed zones in the payment gateway>paypal tab. I would try this first and then if there is a problem submit a ticket.

Jamie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest Magdalen90

Well this issue is that a devious customer could potentially alter the price on the way out. So if the price paid was less than the opencart total, it would be questionable. In this case, the paypal total was MORE than the opencart total, so instead of scam it could be a bug as they are being charged too much. What order totals were applied to this order?

There was an update to the pp standard extension after 1.4.9.2 that fixed an issue with discount

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17855

So that may be a reason if there was a coupon used