already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connection

Guest ctarroni

Guest ctarroni

i am continuously getting this error and I don't know why, on some occasions my site works and then when i've worked on it a bit i get this error and then i can't access my website or admin panel for a day or so.... I am at the max user connections of 50 and my hosting company keeps refering me to my website developer who hasn't had a chance to look at it.

what can i do in the meantime to get my website back up and access to admin... I can't afford for this to continue.

I don't have an answer for you with respect to CubeCart. I'm not really all that familiar with the reasons why a hosting provider would put such a low limit on accounts (unless they are overselling their servers). There is really nothing anyone can do about the number of simultaneous connections the CubeCart script makes to the MySQL server, nor how many visitors come to to your store to shop.

If you think about it, if you have 100 simultaneous visitors each viewing a product in your store, that could equal 100 user connections, maybe more. What hosting provider would have such a low limit?

Have you installed any mods or made any edits to the database class code?

Guest ctarroni

I don't have an answer for you with respect to CubeCart. I'm not really all that familiar with the reasons why a hosting provider would put such a low limit on accounts (unless they are overselling their servers). There is really nothing anyone can do about the number of simultaneous connections the CubeCart script makes to the MySQL server, nor how many visitors come to to your store to shop.

If you think about it, if you have 100 simultaneous visitors each viewing a product in your store, that could equal 100 user connections, maybe more. What hosting provider would have such a low limit?

I haven't made any changes to anything... my hosting company is wipping their hands and stating it is a development issue.

This is their last email:

Do note that this is a shared server and MySQL server is already set to accept 500 connections and 50 max_user_connections (i.e a db user can have 50 connections at max).

The error: User cos6582_ccrt1 already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections will occur if:

1. There are mysql functions in the Cubecart script that are not closed properly.

2. Traffic to your site has increased which is resulting in so many open connections, in this case you need to upgrade to a Dedicated server.

I don't know what to do now.

can you tell me if this is a cubecart 3 problem??? as this is what my developer thinks it is...

I haven't made any changes to anything... my hosting company is wipping their hands and stating it is a development issue.

This is their last email:

Do note that this is a shared server and MySQL server is already set to accept 500 connections and 50 max_user_connections (i.e a db user can have 50 connections at max).

The error: User cos6582_ccrt1 already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections will occur if:

1. There are mysql functions in the Cubecart script that are not closed properly.

2. Traffic to your site has increased which is resulting in so many open connections, in this case you need to upgrade to a Dedicated server.

I don't know what to do now.

can you tell me if this is a cubecart 3 problem??? as this is what my developer thinks it is...

I have several modifications that have been installed but it's only been the last month or so that this problem has started to happen. When a mod is in stalled I get the professionals to do it as I don't know anything about that..

I would say it's a hosting issue as I've run 10 cubecart v3 stores on the same hosting account for more than 5 years with no issues like this. I have lots of tweaks and mods running. Not knowing your exact setup, I cannot say for sure it isn't something you've installed but, as I write this, I have 423 visitors browsing my stores all at once and no issues.

I would say it's time to find a new hosting service. Look for one that offers unlimited bandwidth and databases as they are more prepared for a lot of connections at once. I use Midphase.

Guest ctarroni

I would say it's a hosting issue as I've run 10 cubecart v3 stores on the same hosting account for more than 5 years with no issues like this. I have lots of tweaks and mods running. Not knowing your exact setup, I cannot say for sure it isn't something you've installed but, as I write this, I have 423 visitors browsing my stores all at once and no issues.

I would say it's time to find a new hosting service. Look for one that offers unlimited bandwidth and databases as they are more prepared for a lot of connections at once. I use Midphase.

error still happening, my hosting company states that there could be an error with some coding and therefore cannot assist me anymore. I now have to log in cpanel when the website isn't working and that error comes to reset / kill my SQL to reset.. That is ridiculous.

I have decided to change hosting company and someone who is in Australia but they are also stating that there might be an error code in a script or something. Therefore I need someone who can look into this immediatley as this error is still constantly happening. They have increased my limit to 50 which is sufficient therefore i don't understand the problem.

This is there response

So after the repeated resets of SQL, are you able to tell me

why the root cause of the issue is. Its obvious that after your actions that the web

site is available again. From my side change management had identified that no

changes have taken place. The error however can only be rectified from your end.

02:11 Nath S: 'max_user_connections' is mostly due to an incoorect coding practice

where the connections are not released after query

02:12 Nath S: So I would suggest checking this with the developer as we are not

experts in debugging coding issue. What we do to resolve your issue is, simply kill

your existing db connections

the hosting company Arvixe that i'm with has unlimited space, storage, data and bandwidth, so i don't understand. The new company i'm going to has the same.