Customers cannot log in

Guest shoppaman

Guest shoppaman

CC5 UPGRADE FROM CC4

My customers are complaining that they cannot log in. I've tried to reset the passwords. Same problem.

System error log for my test user:

File: [customers.index.inc.php] Line: [91] "UPDATE `CubeCart_customer` SET `title` = 'Mr',`first_name` = 'Derek',`last_name` = 'Geldenhuys',`email` = '[email protected]',`phone` = `phone` + 27 15 2988135,`mobile` = '',`password` = 'I REMOVED THIS INFO FROM COPY / PASTE',`salt` = '662fcac5',`registered` = '1312622929' WHERE `customer_id` = '1';" - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '15 2988135,`mobile` = '',`password` = '9b39033cddb4dc0f105ee43f1b4061182841e6864' at line 1

Please help

Guest hennaboy

Ive said this many times. You upgraded a live store without prior testing to ensure that nothing was wrong? I should imagine you didnt back up your CC4 store and database either?

I dont think I need to tell you how unprofessional that is as you are learning the hard way. It is the responsibility of the end user to ensure they have tested it fully before upgrading a live store.

Remove all the salts and it may resolve the issue. Test on a single user FIRST. If it works which I think it will do then empty all the salt values from your customer table. Easiest way to do this is run a SQL command in phpmyadmin.

Guest shoppaman

Ive said this many times. You upgraded a live store without prior testing to ensure that nothing was wrong? I should imagine you didnt back up your CC4 store and database either?

I dont think I need to tell you how unprofessional that is as you are learning the hard way. It is the responsibility of the end user to ensure they have tested it fully before upgrading a live store.

Remove all the salts and it may resolve the issue. Test on a single user FIRST. If it works which I think it will do then empty all the salt values from your customer table. Easiest way to do this is run a SQL command in phpmyadmin.

Thank you for your reply. And yes I did backup CC4. It's not professional because all of us are not guru's like you.

And the supplier of this product should not sell it if it's not been properly tested. I did follow the exact instructions to execute the upgrade. In fact it's illegal to sell something in South Africa that does not work. You are welcome to go and read our consumer protection act.

Guest hennaboy

Funny. As im pretty sure it was not sold in SA you came to their site to purchase.

Still doesnt get past the point that if your store was important you would have tested it first.