Images not showing up after upgrade from v4

I'm hoping someone here has the answer because this one is costing me money. I uploaded v5 yesterday evening. A few things were wiped from my database but nothing I can't deal with. The big problem was that only a few of my more than 1000 products had images showing. I worked on it until 11pm then gave up and tried to reinstall my backup of v4. Well that didn't work either. I had sql errors so reloaded v5. Same exact problem along with a couple of others I've been able to work out.

I did put in a help ticket for this and a staff member said the images file had uploaded to the wrong place. I did it twice, it wasn't me. So the staff member said they moved it. At 3:30am I had to get some sleep but when I got up I explained in the help ticket that the image issue isn't fixed. I've been having to go in and manually match them up and rebuild hundreds of items because when I try to pick the correct picture it doesn't want to accept it or if it does it uses the tiny alternate image instead of the main image. I'm ready to rip my hair out and with my internet connection am struggling to do it all over again manually. Had I known this was a problem ahead of time I wouldn't have upgraded and now I can't go backwards. The time difference is causing delays with the support desk and I don't have time for delays.

The site I'm working on is http://shoppe.whitewillowstitching.com

Jamie

• 1 month later...

Hi Jamie,

I have also just upgraded and experienced this problem...along with others!

My site was missing many images ect. After updating database at '/setup' and reinstating all my main 'store settings' This seemed to fix it for me? Don't know if you had problems with seo settings? But I had to first delete the existing ht access file and then install again through admin panel!

I looking for an answer to another question...not having much joy finding answer yet!

Dom

Hi Jamie,

I have also just upgraded and experienced this problem...along with others!

My site was missing many images ect. After updating database at '/setup' and reinstating all my main 'store settings' This seemed to fix it for me? Don't know if you had problems with seo settings? But I had to first delete the existing ht access file and then install again through admin panel!

I looking for an answer to another question...not having much joy finding answer yet!

Dom

This happenned to me as well, any image which contained a space or () brackets had them replaced with underscores

I just installed V5.0.4 for a client and ALL of the images are missing they are on the server and the /images/cache is writing the subfolders but not writing the images them selves I tried clearing the image cache from admin but to no avail Install went without a hitch and I havent found any other issues yet but this is truly a big issue

is their any help? kinda pointless to have a store with no images

I just installed V5.0.4 for a client and ALL of the images are missing they are on the server and the /images/cache is writing the subfolders but not writing the images them selves I tried clearing the image cache from admin but to no avail Install went without a hitch and I havent found any other issues yet but this is truly a big issue

is their any help? kinda pointless to have a store with no images

It took me 2 weeks of 20 hours a day but i had to go into each listing fix the category issue (new way to show master category and secondary categories) as well as go into images and add them from the directory manually clicking to make sure the star was showing next to every one. To date I am still several hundred products short in my store but have been having health issues making it hard to sit and work on them for more than an hour or two at a time and with my internet connection it is slow going.

The worst part is some just won't connect right. Al and crew were able to fix some of it for me, others items I still had to delete and enter all over again.

Sorry I never found a better fix.

Jamie

Ive put in a ticket nd Bill Wheeler suppsedly had a fix but he ran off before ensuring it actually worked it didnt images are still missing

this is a development store for seeing if the upgrade is worth it we havent had any other issues show up yet but this is a deal breaker o way are we going to spend that many hours redoing all the product photos either the upgrade works and the images show up or they dont and if they dont we remain at v4 simple as that

I can't say I'd upgrade again if I could get my v4 back working. It has been a rough and ugly 2 months. I'm tired, I'm frustrated but I'm finally seeing light at the end of the tunnel. Got a new glitch today but won't report it unless it keeps happening through tomorrow. In the end it will be worth it. For me the issues have been sales killers but it is slowly coming back. Very slowly but better than nothing since I can't go back to v4do to a problem with my hosted server while I was backing it up. My webhost has all the servers on COLO4 which crashed while I was in the middle of the database back up causing a hiccup.

V5 is so much different that if you only have a tiny grasp on the coding it won't make any sense. I'm not brave enough to mess with customizing my skins yet. I miss being able to change colors and move things around, adding and subtracting boxes but all that is minor. My Paypal not working starting 5 minutes after the upgrade when the first order was placed is a huge problem and Al has tried fixing it but explaining the problem hasn't been easy and I'm waiting on a friend to test it again and take step by step screen shots to help with that matter. For now I just shut it off and have let customers know to email me for Paypal invoices. Not being able to sort items in admin by category is a huge time sucker as well but minor when it comes to sales. The big plus for me is that I can sell wholesale now as well as retail by using the groups setting. That will make my life much easier if I can convince shop owners to order through the site.

I used to recommend v4 all the time to people and still do but until all the bugs are worked out of v5 no way. My experience taught me if you have a small store it isn't so bad but when you have a big store like mine or larger it is a huge risk. It reminds me of Windows or car manufacturers. Rush to get it out then fix all the problems. I know it can take years of trial and error but in the long run it would have been better since v4 was good.

Jamie