Way to create "hidden" docs?

I have a few products with a large number of images - one has 28!

I would like to be able to create a document for the overflow images and link to it in the product listing. I want the new page of images to have a consistent look to the rest of the site. What I have in mind is to use the Documents area to create a photo page for each of these products, but I would NOT want those docs to be in the footer menu.

Can someone suggest a way to "hide" these photo docs from the menu area? Or suggest a different way to accomplish a page for the additional photos?

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know about hidden docs, but jQuery UI Tabs might work for you (jqueryui.com/demos/tabs/) - you can have a tab for product info and another tab for images. I think the required javascript is already included in Cubecart, but I'm not sure about the CSS.

Don't know about hidden docs, but jQuery UI Tabs might work for you (jqueryui.com/demos/tabs/) - you can have a tab for product info and another tab for images. I think the required javascript is already included in Cubecart, but I'm not sure about the CSS.

Thank you for the response, but I have no idea how to make use of that information.

Sorry, I'll see if I can clarify. What I'm suggesting is a similar effect to what's been done in the CintoxBlue skin, which you can see in the cubecartforums.org catalogue.

You would need to set up your product page template (/skins/skin_name/templates/content.product.php) something like this:

<div id="tabs">

<ul>

<li><a href="#product_details">Product Details</a></li>

<li><a href="#product_images">Product Images</a></li>

</ul>

<div id="product_details">

(template code for product details goes here)

</div>

<div id="product_images">

(template code for product images goes here)

</div>

</div>

and in your skin's javascript file (/skins/skin_name/js/script.js) you would initialize the tabs like this:

$(function(){

$('#tabs').tabs();

});

and then you would need to write some CSS so the tabs actually look like tabs and match the rest of the site.

Hope that makes more sense. This is mostly educated guesswork, by the way. I haven't actually tried using tabs in a cubecart template yet.

Sorry, I'll see if I can clarify. What I'm suggesting is a similar effect to what's been done in the CintoxBlue skin, which you can see in the cubecartforums.org catalogue.

You would need to set up your product page template (/skins/skin_name/templates/content.product.php) something like this:

<div id="tabs">

<ul>

<li><a href="#product_details">Product Details</a></li>

<li><a href="#product_images">Product Images</a></li>

</ul>

<div id="product_details">

(template code for product details goes here)

</div>

<div id="product_images">

(template code for product images goes here)

</div>

</div>

and in your skin's javascript file (/skins/skin_name/js/script.js) you would initialize the tabs like this:

$(function(){

$('#tabs').tabs();

});

and then you would need to write some CSS so the tabs actually look like tabs and match the rest of the site.

Hope that makes more sense. This is mostly educated guesswork, by the way. I haven't actually tried using tabs in a cubecart template yet.

Thanks. I wouldn't be able to do it myself, but this would probably give our programmer enough information to work on. Your time is much appreciated!

• 3 weeks later...

I didnt know anything about hidden box but I have tried it ...but dose not work...

It does, but you have to either add a jquery ui theme to your Cubecart skin, or add the CSS rules required for tabs to your existing stylesheet. The javascript only adds or removes classes to the HTML; eg. a div that is supposed to be hidden will have a class of "ui-tabs-hide", so in your CSS file you would have:

.ui-tabs-hide {

display: none !important;

}

Someone must have left out of cryogenic stasis. Welcome back Corgan. It's a weird and wonderful world of news you entered. It's pretty nice, except for mutants homeless and console war have increased the level of armed conflict.

• 2 months later...

I ended up buying Goober's Product Description Tab Plugin, and it works perfectly. Not only can I create a tab for all the extra images I want, but I also used a tab for Notes that I didn't enable. That way I have a place for any hidden product information that only I can access from the Product tabs in Admin.

Guest Magdalen90

As I understand it, making hidden files in Mac OS x involves changing their filename to one the has '.' prefixing it via terminal. But the files I want to make hidden are an autorun.inf file and a .ico file which when placed on a usb key work to make the key icon in windows change to that of the .ico file. In windows I can make these hidden, but I want them to be hidden in both windows and mac os x.

I think that if I changed the filenames to ones with a . prefix then they won't autorun in windows anymore making them useless but I don't want to give the disk to people with files sitting on the root level cluttering things up. At present they're invisible to windows users because the of the 'hidden' attribute but I'd like them also to be hidden for mac os x users.