Resizing uploaded thumbnails?

Guest irrimiri

Guest irrimiri

Hello :)

I am looking for both a solution of resizing the thumbnail images of both categorie icons as product icons.

I am trying out the new cubecart 5, but can't find the option I am looking for in the admin.

CC4 had this option in the admin to define the size of the thumbnails of product images that were uploaded in the shop, but I can't find this option in the new CC5 admin.

Is it even there? Or am I just simply missing it?

The thumbnails uploaded to CC5 are too tiny, and that's not really what I am looking for. I know I could re-upload all thumbnails again manually via the ftp, but considering that we are adding lots of products, I am not really looking forward to such an option.

If it's not possible to change the size of the thumbs from the admin? or can anybody advice me which file from the ftp I should find and change so that the thumbnails will be uploaded in a bigger size?

I hope someone can help me with this. I saw another topic with this kind of question unanswered *^^*

Thanks in advance!

Kind Regards,

Miriam

I am looking for both a solution of resizing the thumbnail images of both categorie icons as product icons.

I am trying out the new cubecart 5, but can't find the option I am looking for in the admin.

CC4 had this option in the admin to define the size of the thumbnails of product images that were uploaded in the shop, but I can't find this option in the new CC5 admin.

The thumbnails uploaded to CC5 are too tiny, and that's not really what I am looking for. I know I could re-upload all thumbnails again manually via the ftp, but considering that we are adding lots of products, I am not really looking forward to such an option.

If it's not possible to change the size of the thumbs from the admin? or can anybody advice me which file from the ftp I should find and change so that the thumbnails will be uploaded in a bigger size?

I hope someone can help me with this. I saw another topic with this kind of question unanswered *^^*

Thanks in advance!

Kind Regards,

Miriam

Hi,

The image and thumbnail sizing as well as quality is controlled via config.xml file found in the root folder of the skin.

Thanks

/Goober

Guest irrimiri

Hi Goober,

Thanks very much. That worked.

Though it causes a problem.

I changed the sizes of the images, but when viewing the categories the images are overlapping each other.

Is there a way to fix this in the layout? Can I change the margins amongst the icons somewhere?

I am not sure what to look for *^__^*

Screenshot2011-08-22at140516.png

Thanks very much in advance!

Kind Regards,

Miriam

Thanks in advance!

Kind Regards,

Miriam

Hi,

The image and thumbnail sizing as well as quality is controlled via config.xml file found in the root folder of the skin.

Thanks

/Goober

• 9 months later...

Hi Miriam

You can change this in the common.css file in your skin. The rule to change is [ #subcategories > div.subcategory ]

You can change the margin right to leave some space between the images.

Hope this helps.