Search does not work on store end

Guest superbows

Guest superbows

Hi,

The search does not work on the store end, when a customer searches for an item, it says no results found.

How do I fix?

Kind regards

Sam

To compare with to search from CC4, search from CC5 is terrible. Like as you said in this thread

When I search for the item even it is in the store, but I always getting the message below, I hope CC team will fix this problem:

The following errors were detected:

No matching products found. Please try again.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JamesBlachford

I get the same only cubecart seems to be adding .html in the URL

see first image attached (i'll post the next on undernearth as filesize too big) if I delete the .html on the end of the URL the search works.

Search Engines in admin has the following settings

Global Meta Data Behaviour: Merge Meta Data

Search Engine Optimized:

Enable SEO URLS = no

SEO URL Format = Apache Rewrite Rule (only option)

Can anyone shed light on this?

Guest JamesBlachford

Another this that adds this weird .html is when I log into the admin side, I type the username and password and instead of diverting me to the admin home page, it sends me back to: www.theurbanmeadow.co.uk/urbanemeadow/?.html

Is this more of a global error.

My search apparently ONLY finds terms in the TITLE. It's ignoring the description terms completely. It would be great if it looked at the title, description, AND the SEO keywords.

Any suggestions on how to fix this? Or is this a bug that needs reporting?

If we could search by item number that would be a huge help too!

Jamie

Guest Stefan2011

I have also been having this problem, and its a biggie, how can anyone buy anything if they cant find it?

Support staff said they have submitted a bug report, all though its not a whole lot of good in the mean time.

Ive had a play with some parts of the code and I cant seem to stop it doing it, if anyone has succeeded please let me know as I need to get this working ASAP too!

:glare:

My product number search doesn't work, either. Won't find 00X-081911-09. I let the Product listing generate its own number, and it CAN search for that. So I took the dashes out of my number, and it finds THAT. So the problem is the dashes. Luckily I don't have too many products listed yet, so I'll just take the dashes out of mine.

But I have another site with thousands of products I'm waiting to upgrade. I'd have to export the inventory, take the dashes out, and import the data back into the CubeCart_inventory table to fix that.

My clean 5.0.4 install seems to be working correctly. My test upgrade site works for most items, but not for all. I just discovered that one item I couldn't search for DID NOT HAVE A CATEGORY ASSIGNED. As soon as that was fixed it showed properly when I searched.

It also helped a lot when I did a search/replace query to change the hyphen in my product numbers to x.

Guest superbows

I was using the latest software, but Al fixed it, when I submitted a ticket.

Apparantly this was the problem:

"It had an issue with the "full text" kay names."

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mrdave

Hi, just installed 5.0.4 and i too cant search very well.. if i search for 'plate',, results are nothing,, 'plates' lots of results of plates..

I was using the latest software, but Al fixed it, when I submitted a ticket.

Apparantly this was the problem:

"It had an issue with the "full text" kay names."

Please share the fix, as I need for customers to be able to search for parts of words, such as searching for "vibrat" to find listings that use the word vibrate OR the word vibrating.

It would be great if search would include the keywords in the metadata as well, as many items will be searched for by different people with different terms than I used in the listing, such as bunny instead of rabbit. I would even be happy if Search used only the metadata keywords, as I'm careful to put all terms there.