how to access ftp files

Guest doodi

i know this might seem like the most basic thing to know, but i am having trouble accessing the ftp site. as a matter of fact, i don't know where to access it. i'm having some issues with a site i'm working on, but need access to the css files in order to make the unnecessary changes. any help would be greatly appreciated.

thank you.

i know this might seem like the most basic thing to know, but i am having trouble accessing the ftp site. as a matter of fact, i don't know where to access it. i'm having some issues with a site i'm working on, but need access to the css files in order to make the unnecessary changes. any help would be greatly appreciated.

thank you.

You'll need

• an FTP client. I use FileZilla (as it also has Linux versions), and this is a pretty popular choice.
  • Log-in Credentials. Your Hosting company, or your client (or their hosting company) should provide this. If you have cPanel access, its often the same log-in details.

If you are sure you have the correct details, perhaps you've been locked out by the server, and you'll need to contact the hosting company with your IP Address and they can remove you from the blacklist.

Jason

thank you.

You'll need

• an FTP client. I use FileZilla (as it also has Linux versions), and this is a pretty popular choice.
  • Log-in Credentials. Your Hosting company, or your client (or their hosting company) should provide this. If you have cPanel access, its often the same log-in details.

If you are sure you have the correct details, perhaps you've been locked out by the server, and you'll need to contact the hosting company with your IP Address and they can remove you from the blacklist.

Jason

is there anyway to know which ftp client was being used? i was kinda thrown into this project which was already started. the overall structure of the site is complete, but product images are not aligning properly.

is there anyway to know which ftp client was being used? i was kinda thrown into this project which was already started. the overall structure of the site is complete, but product images are not aligning properly.

The actual FTP client (ie the software) is irrelevant. Today, I've used a Browser for FTP (I was in a rush and on a different computer), but mainly use FileZilla. If you know the server, username and password, you should be ready to go.

I know Joomla (etc) allow you to edit CSS/HTML within their Admin area, but CubeCart does not and you'll need the FTP credentials from your client. If you have these and download;

http://filezilla-project.org/

You'll have all the tools you need to connect to the server and transfer files.

Have you used FTP before?

If the hosting is on cPanel, there is also a basic file browser and code editor that will be enough for basic tweaks.

Jason

i was able to get access to the FTP file. i used FileZilla as well and was able to contact the previous person that worked on it to get the credentials needed.

thank you so much for the advice.