Contact form redirect?

Guest bigblock

How do I tell the CC5 contact form to redirect back to the contact page? right now it's just redirecting to the home page...

-thanks

-sean

Contact Form 7 redirects to the same URL as the form’s URL after form submissions in the default settings. However, in very rare cases, you might need to change this to make it redirect to another URL after submissions.

:rolleyes:

John Galt

PPL, Sales Consultant

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

How do I tell the CC5 contact form to redirect back to the contact page? right now it's just redirecting to the home page...

-thanks

-sean

Some pages read a hidden field with the name "redir". Look at content.login.php (I think that there's one in there). You might just be able to add that field to the form in the contact template. Remember to change the field value though! If that doesn't work, the relevant contact action in the CubeCart PHP class probably doesn't check for the "redir" field. The developers might add this in if you open a ticket on the bug tracker.

Guest bigblock

Some pages read a hidden field with the name "redir". Look at content.login.php (I think that there's one in there). You might just be able to add that field to the form in the contact template. Remember to change the field value though! If that doesn't work, the relevant contact action in the CubeCart PHP class probably doesn't check for the "redir" field. The developers might add this in if you open a ticket on the bug tracker.

Thanks - I'll have to look for that [test it] I find it curious that there are no status messages returned by the contact form either like "thanks for your submission " or even a true/false return so that I can create some kind of user message...

-sean

Thanks - I'll have to look for that [test it] I find it curious that there are no status messages returned by the contact form either like "thanks for your submission " or even a true/false return so that I can create some kind of user message...

-sean

I have a clean install v5.0.3 online and just tested it. After submitting the contact form I'm taken back to the front page and there is a message in a green bar - Thank you for your message, a member of staff will reply to your email shortly.. It's above the Featured Products.

But, I was checking on Webmaster Tools of Google and realized that there is no SEO tab on the Contact Us form. That means the meta data defaults to the site meta data - which shows us as Duplicate Metadata - something Google frowns on.