Sessions randomly dropping

Jayphen

I can't seem to duplicate this on any platform, but customers have been occasionally having their sessions dropped. They wil add items to their basket & proceed through to the checkout, at which point they are unable to continue, as the basket empties itself. The same customers are not able to log in – when they attempt to log in, they are taken back to the log in screen.

I have some ideas as to why this happens: banks of proxy computers (like AOL), or IE8's enhanced security. Or something else.

Wrong (aka missing or dropped) sessions do not happen randomly - there will be a common reason - we just have to find it.

CC4 records the browser (User Agent String) in the session database table. You need to look at this table (sort by customer_id) and compare IP addresses and browser values.

If the customers you have received notice from (get their ID numbers) are using IE8, then read this:

http://www.cubecartforums.org/index.php?showtopic=14230

I have some ideas as to why this happens: banks of proxy computers (like AOL), or IE8's enhanced security. Or something else.

Wrong (aka missing or dropped) sessions do not happen randomly - there will be a common reason - we just have to find it.

CC4 records the browser (User Agent String) in the session database table. You need to look at this table (sort by customer_id) and compare IP addresses and browser values.

If the customers you have received notice from (get their ID numbers) are using IE8, then read this:

http://www.cubecartforums.org/index.php?showtopic=14230

Hi, thanks for your reply.

These users are not using IE8 – I was actually able to replicate the issue by logging in as one of the users who was experiencing the problem. Once I cleared cookies & tried again (as the same user), it was fine. I was using Firefox 5. It does not appear to be browser-specific.