Any Advice for Preparing v4.5 for Upgrade to v5.0.3?

I've been working on a test upgrade site where I upgraded the latest v4 to v5.0.3. I'm still having a variety of problems with the test site, so I'm wondering.....

Are there any steps that should be taken IN ADVANCE to the v4 code or tables to make the change more likely to be successful. Any suggestions?

• 3 weeks later...

Guest Westhouse IT

The first one to keep in mind is that an upgrade from v4.4.x will almost certainly have some problems. There are some rather terrible bugs in the DB upgrade scripts since the very first one was written to work with v4.3.x. I'll be going through some of these in a separate post.

The first one to keep in mind is that an upgrade from v4.4.x will almost certainly have some problems. There are some rather terrible bugs in the DB upgrade scripts since the very first one was written to work with v4.3.x. I'll be going through some of these in a separate post.

I saw your other post. I sure hope you've communicated all that to Al!!!

Our test upgrade site is close to production ready, but I dread bringing it up to current data, as we've had plenty of sales, inventory, and customer changes since I started working on the test version. Is there a way to import only the columns from v4 into the v5 that have changed, rather than doing a fresh upgrade. Maybe by exporting the relevant tables from v4 one at a time, manually adding into the appropriate v5 table, and importing back into the v5 version??? The trouble would be insuring that I had made ALL the needed changes, I would think.