Sale Items and Popular Products in main content area

Guest Acquiesce

Guest Acquiesce

Hello,

I have recently upgraded a customers site fo v5 and have been adding back in my old customisation.

Previously I had removed the sale items and popular products boxes from the right hand columns and included them into the main body of the homepage only.

For v5 I can't work out how to do this. So far I've found that they are both referenced in main.php as {$SALE_ITEMS} and {$POPULAR_PRODUCTS}. I moved these two references into the content.homepage.php page but no content displays.

I'd be grateful if someone could advise where I'm going wrong and if there are any other files which I also need t be amending.

Thanks

According to this post:

you should be able to do something like this in the content area of your main.php template file....

{if isset($SECTION_NAME) && ($SECTION_NAME == "home")}

{$SALE_ITEMS}

{$POPULAR_PRODUCTS}

{/if}

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to create 2 sidebar boxes - each for a particular listing. One offers custom embroidery and the other a gift card option to be included with the item. I think I would need to add the {GIFT_CARD} and {EMBROIDERY} Section Names to main.php. But I don't know how to create the actual template page for each of these new sections. Can someone help me with this?