Need Help with USPS Module

Dirty Butter

I've never used anything but By_Weight, but thought I'd give the USPS module a try, so I could offer my Customers some shipping options.

I've activated my API account, but no shipping shows up at all on a test purchase. From reading on previous versions here on the forum I gather this module has been a problem for people for some time.

Has anyone been able to get it to work in v5.0.4? If so, any suggestions about what I may be doing wrong?

I've never used anything but By_Weight, but thought I'd give the USPS module a try, so I could offer my Customers some shipping options.

I've activated my API account, but no shipping shows up at all on a test purchase. From reading on previous versions here on the forum I gather this module has been a problem for people for some time.

Has anyone been able to get it to work in v5.0.4? If so, any suggestions about what I may be doing wrong?

Well, time took care of some of it. I've rebooted and waited several hours, and now it IS showing on the checkout.

BUT - I'm getting a choice I don't want - First Class Mail Large Envelope - as well as the correct ones for a light package - First Class Mail Package and Priority Mail.

Is there a way to stop this Large Envelope choice?

• 6 months later...

I am having issues with it showing First Class Postcard and First Class Mail Letter. All I need from the First Class is First Class Parcel. Any idea on how to make that happen? Otherwise I am just going to have people choose the postcard rate of 32 cents. I don't want to disable the First Class option all together because Parcel Post brings the shipping price to $5.80 which is actually more than the item itself.

Well I tried saying it was machinable, and still same issue. It allows First Class Postcard, First Class Letter, and First Class Large Letter (none of which I want) I only want the First Class Parcel like it did in v4.

Also the weight of this item is only 0.004 lbs (very light) which seems to be the issue. If I check it as non-machinable it won't give any shipping options (not even parcel post).

I updated the weight of the item to 0.04 lbs and now it is giving all my shipping options including the first class postcard, letter, and first class parcel. But I cannot figure out how to get it to just show first class parcel.