Kurouto Skin Change I Want to Make

Dirty Butter

I like the default look of the dark colors at the top of the Orange Kurouto skin. BUT, those images are gradients that fade to white as they go down the page. I'd rather have the dark colors for the header but a textured background for the rest of the page.

Can someone tell me how to modify the files to get the look I want?

As far as image composition/manipulation goes, you will need an image editing program (Photoshop-like) to create a gradient to transparent. GIF images have a transparency, but it's completely transparent or not. PNG can do gradations of transparency, but some of the older versions of browsers can't render PNG images.

As far as image composition/manipulation goes, you will need an image editing program (Photoshop-like) to create a gradient to transparent. GIF images have a transparency, but it's completely transparent or not. PNG can do gradations of transparency, but some of the older versions of browsers can't render PNG images.

Thanks, bsmither, for the response. But I don't want the gradient. I want an image background for most of the page with the darker sections at the top. I use Corel and I tried to figure out how to create the background textured image tile with the two dark sections at the top but wasn't successful.

Thanks, bsmither, for the response. But I don't want the gradient. I want an image background for most of the page with the darker sections at the top. I use Corel and I tried to figure out how to create the background textured image tile with the two dark sections at the top but wasn't successful.

I got some help from a programmer, so this is taken care of for me. I wish there were a way to edit titles on the forum to show that the issues are resolved.