Upgrading - Your experience

Guest Westhouse IT

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest greenegghead

Although I admit I am not an advanced programmer and was hoping to rely on the auto-upgrade scripts from version 4.4.5 to 5.0.4, I encountered several issues which will impede my decision to move ahead with this upgrade on my production server.

- I had problems with the product images. Even after uploading my images to the /sources directory, product images aren't displaying. Category images display properly, but not products. With over 6k products...that's a pretty big problem.

- Customer tables don't upgrade, all customers seem to be installed as wrong country (Equatorial Guinea, for me, but should be USA)

I haven't yet implemented SSL, or tested payment gateways. I have to admit, I'm excited to move ahead with this, but disappointed at this point.

Guest Westhouse IT

Unless you have a particular reason to upgrade to v5 I'd recommend staying with v4. Regarding the country problem, if all your customers are in the US then a simple SQL statement could correct the country for everyone. There are a number of images related problems still awaiting fixes, though.

http://bugs.cubecart.com

The country name mixup can be fixed with this query, provided by Al:

It turns out the addressbook in v4 to v5 upgrade has the country id for the country field instead of numcode.

The following SQL command fixes this. It can be run from the Maintenance >> Query Database section.

UPDATE `CubeCart_addressbook` AS `A`, `CubeCart_geo_country` AS `C` SET `A`.`country` = `C`.`numcode` WHERE `A`.`country` = `C`.`id`;

Might be worth backing up first.

I'm not sure which version of 5 we used this on. It may be fixed in 5.04. I don't know.

Guest Chris1111

I had changed my admin folder in cubecart 4 which caused issues on the upgrade. Eventually worked out to change the admin folders name before uploading. I also had other issues relating to existing mods in cubecart4 affecting the upgrade. I eventually went for a clean install. At some point the web site was hacked and became a SPAM BOT. I have no idea how, but I upgraded my passwords to 100/100 just to make sure. I also changed my web host as UK2 were of no help in sorting out my problems. My web site is still not fully functional even with a clean install. It also seems to be attracting a lot of attempts to hack into the software.

Guest Westhouse IT

Wow, really? 100% say it was a nightmare?! Maybe I'll rethink this upgrade.

A number of the problems have been solved. So everyone please keep posting bug reports.

Yes, at the moment it's best to wait unless you need upgrade and are willing to put up with the likely headaches.

Still cannot get the orders to e-mail when an order is placed. had to figure out so many things on my own, had to go through every product and save in order for bread crumbs to work. Logo showing up issues, printing orders issuses, no clear defined instructions or solutions on the forum. dud

Have you had a chance to document and report these bugs? It would really help if everyone did. Thanks!