How to add new boxes in CC5

Guest beautyie

Guest beautyie

I need to add several new boxes in CC5 as I done previously in cc4. I know I need to update the main.php in the skins folder but I can't seem to locate the point where I define the new variable

{$location} is the new box I need to add, where do I define {$location}

$location is not just html it will also need to include php code so I cna't just add the box directly into main.php.

I need to add several new boxes in CC5 as I done previously in cc4. I know I need to update the main.php in the skins folder but I can't seem to locate the point where I define the new variable

$location is not just html it will also need to include php code so I cna't just add the box directly into main.php.

What kind of box do you want to add? Do you just want to display some static content? If so, you don't need to mess around with the PHP. Simply use the existing markup as a template.

If you want to display some dynamic content (i.e. content that is generated through the administration panel or from store information), then this is more involved.

Guest beautyie

What kind of box do you want to add? Do you just want to display some static content? If so, you don't need to mess around with the PHP. Simply use the existing markup as a template.

If you want to display some dynamic content (i.e. content that is generated through the administration panel or from store information), then this is more involved.

It will need to be to be dynamic content and some static. For example the website will show different contact numbers depending on the time of day. Not very complex but essential.

In cc4 I had to update the indec.inc.php with

require_once"includes".CC_DS."boxes".CC_DS."find.inc.php";

$body->assign("FIND",$box_content);

require_once"includes".CC_DS."boxes".CC_DS."support.inc.php";

$body->assign("SUPPORT",$box_content);

where o where do I do this in cc5

Guest beautyie

You'd need to add to / edit the /classes/gui.class.php file. Hope this helps!

:w00t:

OK, getting closer but I guess I'll need to more digging if I look in gui.class then I still don't find a reference to any of the standard boxes such as {$MAIL_LIST}, if I can find where that is defeined then I'm sure it will be plain sailing.......... :)

• 2 months later...
Guest lazerstar888

OK, getting closer but I guess I'll need to more digging if I look in gui.class then I still don't find a reference to any of the standard boxes such as {$MAIL_LIST}, if I can find where that is defeined then I'm sure it will be plain sailing.......... :)

I am trying to do something similar - did you find where {$MAIL_LIST} is defined?

• 2 weeks later...

I am trying to do something similar - did you find where {$MAIL_LIST} is defined?

See my guide @