temporary downgrade from cc4 to cc3

Guest karinpronk

Guest karinpronk

Hi all,

I am in complete distress. I was supposed to upgrade a customer to cc4 tonite.

The upgrade worked, but the skin makes it all look weird. I do not see thumbnails and other stuff.

My customer is expecting a working webshop within 3 hours, and I can't make that happen. I made a backup of the old cc3 site, i also made a db dump from the old cc3 site.

Is there a way to get back to that old site? If not, is someone willing to help me out here?

I am willing to pay for this.

karin

Guest karinpronk

Any reason you can't restore the files and database you've backed up? The place for third-party services is the third-party forum, you'll find the experts you need over there.

I made a new database, i imported the backupped database into that one. That worked fine. Then I copied all the backup files to the server and tried to open the site. Then I got an error: MySQL Error Occured

1045: Access denied for user 'detassensite'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

so now i have nothing at all

karin

Guest karinpronk

Sounds like the credentials for accessing the database in the global.inc.php file are not correct.... note the message: Access denied.

Hi Robsta,

I fixed that error. Now I get an MySQL Error Occured

1146: Table 'detassensite.CubeCart_config' doesn't exist

QUERY = SELECT array FROM CubeCart_config WHERE name = 'config'

While the table cubecart_config DOES exist, but not the table CubeCart_config (with the capitals).

I am running out of options now.

Sounds like the credentials for accessing the database in the global.inc.php file are not correct.... note the message: Access denied.

Hi Robsta,

I fixed that error. Now I get an MySQL Error Occured

1146: Table 'detassensite.CubeCart_config' doesn't exist

QUERY = SELECT array FROM CubeCart_config WHERE name = 'config'

While the table cubecart_config DOES exist, but not the table CubeCart_config (with the capitals).

I am running out of options now.

SQL Table names are normally case sensitive. Rename cubecart_config to CubeCart_config, I think I've had this before.

I suppose a valuable lesson has been learnt; Don't work on live websites in this way. Create a sub-domain or even install on a sub-folder to test.