Metal Mayhem

Hey all,

Please check out this site. As soon as I get a new db from the client it will go live. Right now it's up, but nothing on the homepage points to it yet. So please don't order anything! Because it's not live yet, the site links in the header may or may not link to anything. When it goes live in a day or so they will work.

The site sells Heavy Metal CDs and I had to do some heavy modifications to fit the clients specs.

:wacko: Added 2 columns to the database, artist and label and made the searchable.

:D Added the title mod so title and artist show up in the page header.

:P Used Instock mod, but turned off the "# in inventory" displayed on the product page.

Implemented the Ebay mod.

:blink: The catalog has over 6000 items which made editing in the admin mode very tedious, so I added the ability to pull up 500, 1000, 2500 and 5000 items on one page as well as when you click "edit" rather than change the page, it pops up in another browser window and has a "close window" button. It is a live store, so you can't see that part.

Also used the State Tax mod.

:sourcerer: Read the tutorial by Twisted which helped with the graphic modifications.

My first time dealing with PHP, so I'm pretty proud of it. :zorro:

Have a few image glitches I'll be fixing up, (Like making the main center box scalable) but otherwise ready to go.

Check it out : Metal Mayhem - the Rarest Metal on the Web

Guest twisted

Glad I was able to help in some way.

You're probably aware of it, but did you know the left side of your table graphic is not showing up?

Page took a long time to load all the graphics, too. But that just could be me. My dial-up sux. :sourcerer:

Apart from that...very nice job.

I agree with Twisted, the graphics do take a while to load, it's not my connection as i'm on a 1mb line, and the left graphic isn't working, apart from that, brilliant design!!!

Could you tell me what is the "left graphic" that isn't working? Is it the main table or the info boxes? I've been testing from different locations, computers and browsers and the only issue I've encountered it that Safari on the Mac renders a little extra space in my header-navigation area.

Thanks!

-Volkman

The graphic along the right side of the table is not showing. It is on the main table but not on the left or right side tables. Ah, I see now, the whole background for these table is one graphic, not composed of several. Maybe making the right side of the bevel a bit lighter to give it some depth that is visible and doesn't blend in to the background. This makes is seem like there is something missing.

I don't have a problem with loading time. I have a cable modem hook up and it loaded quickly for me (about 10 seconds).

Another great design for CubeCart!!

Good Luck

• 3 weeks later...

DAMN! Thats some cool graphics it really makes a good theme for the things you sell, BUT it was kinda slow loaded like 30 seconds on my 8mbit DSL connection, but mabye its just becouse im from sweden :P

Regards,

Viper

Guest twisted

I'm a head-banger from way back. I grew up on heavy metal.

To find out that AC/DC's Blow up your video, or Alice Cooper's Hey Stoopid, now qualify as "classic" heavy metal .... makes me feel, really really OLDDDDDDD!

:P

Maybe making the right side of the bevel a bit lighter to give it some depth that is visible and doesn't blend in to the background. This makes is seem like there is something missing.

Well spotted. You are indeed correct.