Problem with checkout

Guest Chris1111

Guest Chris1111

I have done a clean install of cubecart5. I have enabled the checkout options for my zone. If I place something in the basket I can checkout up to the point where I complete all the address details. It will not progress to payment though - it just sits there doing nothing. Has anyone any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

I have done a clean install of cubecart5. I have enabled the checkout options for my zone. If I place something in the basket I can checkout up to the point where I complete all the address details. It will not progress to payment though - it just sits there doing nothing. Has anyone any ideas?

I am having the identical problem is there any fix for this

Smithy

There have been problems with the way v5 handles country codes. Check your database and see if a US customer has a numcode of 840 or 226. If it's 226, that may be your problem, too.

Thanks for that but it is 840

Smithy

Can anyone help oscommerce is starting to look real good at the moment.

Smithy

Thanks for trying to help Dirty Butter.

I am disapointed that I haven't had any help from the people at CC. This is for a not for profit society and now is the busiest time of the year, as memberships are renewed, yet our store is down because I made the huge mistake of upgrading it.

I guess I will have to start looking for alternitive shopping carts.

Smithy

I am disapointed that I haven't had any help from the people at CC. This is for a not for profit society and now is the busiest time of the year, as memberships are renewed, yet our store is down because I made the huge mistake of upgrading it.

Smithy

I would use the backup you made before the upgrade and go back to v4 for now if I were you.

Guest beautyie

Smithy

I would use the backup you made before the upgrade and go back to v4 for now if I were you.

Smithy I share your pain, support from CC is getting worse and to be honest the help from these forums is not much better. If you move I'd be interested in how you get one.

Smithy

No mate,

If I have to revert to my backup I will be taking my business elsewhere. Apart from the Society I have 2 businesses that use cubecart and if they cannot be bothered helping me I wont be bothered spending my money with CC

Smithy

Guest Chris1111

I have found that by setting the postage to "free" the checkout works. It points to an issue with how the postal zones have been set up. You need to enable both the payment and postage for the zone you are in. If you upgrade to 5.05 make sure you delete the files in the cache folder or you shop will be broke.

I have found that by setting the postage to "free" the checkout works. It points to an issue with how the postal zones have been set up. You need to enable both the payment and postage for the zone you are in. If you upgrade to 5.05 make sure you delete the files in the cache folder or you shop will be broke.

I am now getting reports from customers of the same problem. They ordered once just fine and when they go to order again they can't get past the address page either. My country codes issue has been fixed by Al and I can now get orders from my Australian customers but now my US customers are stuck.

Jamie

• 3 weeks later...
Guest marksson

I am now getting reports from customers of the same problem. They ordered once just fine and when they go to order again they can't get past the address page either. My country codes issue has been fixed by Al and I can now get orders from my Australian customers but now my US customers are stuck.

Jamie

I have this problem, it seems that you can order just the once. Now you can login but cannot checkout, clicking on 'checkout' just seems to refresh the same page.

Also it seems to keep resetting to free shipping?

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys

Any update on when this bug might be fixed????

I am trying to install a new store from scratch - just tried to download an earlier release of V5 to see if the problem was in them - but alas - I am stuck with v 5.0.6 - which means the store can't go live at all....

Based on previous posts, I have made sure that the payment gateway (currenly only "order form" whilst in test mode 1) has "Australia" set as the only country & also that the shipping mod (Aus Post) has "Australia" set as the only country - that didn't help. I then tried fiddling with various phone number entry options per another post - alas again no joy.... It looks like my only other option at the moment is to download the v 4 which is available - any ideas?