HELP! How to move Test install to another directory?

OK. I've worked the bugs out of my v5.0.4 site and am ready to go live on our production site. The test and production sites are in different directories on the same domain, but each site has its own database. Can someone tell me what I need to do to get the test site working on the production site url?

Test site currently at dirtybutter.com/test002 with database 2

Production site is dirtybutter.com/plushcatalog with database 1

You could try renaming the folder "plushcatalog" to something else and then renaming " test002" to "plushcatalog". Probably a good idea to disable SSL mode first though, if you have it enabled.

I'd need to make changes in the includes file, wouldn't I? I'm guessing make the name change you suggest, plus change the

$glob['rootRel'] = '/test002/';

$glob['storeURL'] = 'http://dirtybutter.com/test002';

to

$glob['rootRel'] = '/plushcatalog/';

$glob['storeURL'] = 'http://dirtybutter.com/plushcatalog';

Since v5 is so different, I just want to be sure there's no other file that needs to be changed, or any other steps I need to take before the switch.

I took a deep breath and renamed my old plushcatalog folder, renamed the test folder to plushcatalog, and changed the urls in the global.includes file to match, left the database information pointing to the test database AND IT WORKED!

I now have a stable v5.0.4 version that is live and working as it should. It's taken a good bit of work to get it that way, and I'm sorry that so many are still struggling with the cart. Hopefully the v5.0.5 will solve most people's problems.

As for me, I'm taking a complete backup of the database and all the files before I try the v.5.0.5 upgrade. In case you didn't take the time to read the announcement, if you're upgrading from a previous v5x version you need to get rid of your cache. Read the forum directions for how to do this in the announcement. And if you're done any tweaking while you tried to get 5x stable, as I did, I'd suggest you take the time to read through the File Difference Report list, too. I found one piece of code for my customized skin I'll have to do manually.