Is anyone Running this Ship or to we scramble overboard ?

I am on a 45 Day Trial version of Cubecart 5 and its coming to its end.

I cant see any fixes, and not much activity on this site.

I am assuming this is the Official Cubecart Site !!

Personally at this moment i don't think Cubecart 5 is fit for sale or even trial

as some of the main functions do not function and looks very unprofessional if i where

to buy this and go live. It seams to me that Cubecart doesnt care or have any motivation

to get this software ready and the lack of support is appalling.

Surely after what i assume Cubecart 1, 2, 3, 4 you would have learned what needs to be done

to get the core running well and the ins and outs of the functionality intended of the software.

Things that would improve the overall face of Cubecart:

Not release versions until the software is complete and bug tested.

Extended Trial and after sales bug testers.

Provide Full Support for Forum, Live and Full support for established Customers.

Bug report Headers in the right Forum, Patches and updates as they come to surface.

New platform updates when ready (as you probably are but where is the support meanwhile ?)

Meanwhile i am very disappointed my trial is running out and its been rubbish from day 1 to day 30

It doesn't look like i will be recommending any version of Cubecart any time soon.

Cubecart 5 was tested - there was an extended open beta release, which anyone could download and test. There is a system for filing bug reports (which I assume you've used?)

There is a limit to what testing the developers can do, hence the reason for the open beta.

I've downloaded the trial and the install and basic set-up was fine, but hosting environments do vary - but I don't generally have problems with any PHP/mySQL projects that I've installed, so I assume my hosting (self hosted) is very standard.

Reading your previous posts, there appears to be a mix of actual bugs, and missing features that you need. The Google Analytics should work (it did in V4), but if its not appearing in the source code, then there is obviously a serious problem.

Before this feature was introduced in V4, I used to embedded the Analytics Javascript in the template.

The CubeCart bug tracker can be found at;

http://bugs.cubecart.com

To file a bug report, you'll need to create an account. I use a similar system in my day job, and this type of system is much easier to filter than reports in a forum.

Jason

I've been keeping the Mantis Bug Report system busy reporting problems, so I can agree that v5 is still buggy. BUT, you can't use the argument that this is v5 and they should be good at coding because they've already had v1,2,etc. to work out problems. Version 5 is as big a start from scratch "upgrade" as Windows 7 is from the ancient Windows 3.5.

v5 is basically all new, NOT an upgrade. And I think THAT's where the problem is coming from - trying to build an upgrade routine that deals with all the mods and tweaks each user has added to their old versions.

I have one clean install and one upgrade that started out as v3 with lots of mods. There's no comparison with the number of difficulties I'm having with the clean site compared to the "upgrade" site.

I have just set up the new v 5.05 on Mamp and Xamp to test if they are working any better that 5.04 and i am having exactly the same problems.

Apart from that i now don't have to save Digital and Image twice anymore (5.05)

Nothing seams to have changed. My server is maintained by an expert so there are no issues there and should be working if all was well.

Still Digital Delivery does not work properly.

BTW 5.05 does not upgrade well with 5.04, (Admin is totally un-accessable)

I am just so disappointed with Cubecart.

After all would you buy a car Broken and rely on The garage to iron out the bugs ??

Somehow I don't think so. I wont be buying anything broken (Not working)

I have just set up the new v 5.05 on Mamp and Xamp to test if they are working any better that 5.04 and i am having exactly the same problems.

Apart from that i now don't have to save Digital and Image twice anymore (5.05)

Nothing seams to have changed. My server is maintained by an expert so there are no issues there and should be working if all was well.

Still Digital Delivery does not work properly.

BTW 5.05 does not upgrade well with 5.04, (Admin is totally un-accessable)

I am just so disappointed with Cubecart.

After all would you buy a car Broken and rely on The garage to iron out the bugs ??

Somehow I don't think so. I wont be buying anything broken (Not working)

I understand that you've got problems, and hope you've filed these as bug reports. This forum is not for direct support - this is peer-to-peer support, so moderators (unpaid and simply helping out) and helpful users try to help each other.

Using your analogy, this is like car owners complaining to friends and not to the dealer though their correct channels.

The developers do visit the forum. but as with any form of software there is a procedure for reporting bugs. Mantris allows the developers to keep track of bugs on a structured manner. Reporting bugs in the forum actually adds extra time (they'll need to enter it in Mantris on your behalf), and they should be focusing on existing bugs and new features than continually searching through the forum for bug reports.

Personally, I've been using CubeCart since V3.010, and know the developers work very hard to fix any correctly reported bugs.

V5 did have a lot of effort, and if you've reported your problems in the correct channels, I would expect them to be addressed, and if you visit the bug tracking system you'll see evidence of this..

I do think you're doing the responsible thing and spending time to evaluate the system - any business owner should do this. The cost of the cart is nothing compared with the cost of running a business. If its not up to scratch then, simply keep looking.

The other option is to ask a 3rd party developer to assist. If the cart doesn't meet your requirements, then many developers can tweak to suit. In my experience, most carts need some customisation to align with the clients business model.

If you've not filed your bug reports, please do so. I can't ensure they are fixed (this is outside our control), but if the bugs are repeatable and you've provided good steps to re-produce, there will be a much higher chance.

Best wishes,

Jason