Trial doesn't work - licensing server issue

Guest David-Allan

Good?  

5 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest David-Allan

Hi Folks,

I installed cubecart today but haven't managed to get it to work so far. The main customer page displays fine but when I try to login to the admin section I get the following error. I found another post with the same issue but they resolved it by just trying again later. I have waited a few hours and still I can#t get logged in.

Oops! Something is wrong!

Unable to contact licensing server. (Code: 0)

Refresh & Retry

I am thinking about changing from x-cart gold to cubecart as it seems very good but this isnt a great start.

How has everyone else found the support from cubecart? xcart are quite good but rather expensive when it comes to buying support points.

Any help with this would be appreciated

D-A

Thanks for the poll and post here. There are no known issues with the license system and our server sits with a direct connection to the internet with no hardware firewall and a very simple software firwall. If there was a problem we would be inundated with support and sales tickets about it. Right now no IP address is blocked.

For the license system to work you must have "cURL with SSL support" or "fsock" to connect to cp.cubecart.com (208.43.67.162) on port 443.

Please check with your hosting company that this is allowed and working. To date when this issue has arisen it has always been due to the hosting companies firewall or lack of required server requirements (fsock or curl).

I hope that helps. Once the license system has been contacted it checks the license key once every two weeks.

Guest David-Allan

Can't vote on the poll. Some problems were dealt with promptly, but others haven't even been acknowledged. I'm sure they're swamped.

Good to see I haven't had an influx of complaints, that's a good sign :) I'm looking forward to giving this a bash, all the sites that use cubecart seem very modern and well equiped

Thanks for the poll and post here. There are no known issues with the license system and our server sits with a direct connection to the internet with no hardware firewall and a very simple software firwall. If there was a problem we would be inundated with support and sales tickets about it. Right now no IP address is blocked.

For the license system to work you must have "cURL with SSL support" or "fsock" to connect to cp.cubecart.com (208.43.67.162) on port 443.

Please check with your hosting company that this is allowed and working. To date when this issue has arisen it has always been due to the hosting companies firewall or lack of required server requirements (fsock or curl).

I hope that helps. Once the license system has been contacted it checks the license key once every two weeks.

Thanks for getting back to me Al. Which country is your support based out of? The reason I as is because we are in the UK and it can be quick hard to get support from some companies when our qorking hours don't sync.

I'll have a look in to the hosting, its not the greatest but we will be changing soon so hopefully if I get a chance to test this we will be using cubecart when we change over.

I appreciate the responces

D-A

Guest David-Allan

By looking at my phpinfo() I can see that curl is installed I believe. Here is the output :

cURL support enabled

cURL Information libcurl/7.18.2 OpenSSL/0.9.8g zlib/1.2.3.3 libidn/1.8 libssh2/0.18

Does this look correct to you?

Guest David-Allan

Yeah looks fine. It must be the firewall. If you would rather discuss this in private via our sales dept please submit a ticket. If we have access to your site it would make life easier. If you have access to command line via SSH try:

curl https://cp.cubecart.com

first time I tried that command and it showed that the curl binary wasnt installed so I ran apt-get install curl and now when I run that command I get the html from the buy cubecart page on cubecart.com

I would use the sales ticket but not sure how to access that without being a fully paid customer.

Thanks for your help so far

D-A

Guest David-Allan

The sales dept can be used by anyone regardless of customer status:

https://support.cubecart.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit

Thanks I'll try that now

Edit : I have sent a sales ticket in for you to review. Thanks

Edited by David-Allan

How has everyone else found the support from cubecart? xcart are quite good but rather expensive when it comes to buying support points.

I used the support a couple of weeks ago for something which was mission critical. I hoped to get a reply the same day but actually got a reply shortly after 9AM ZULU - after a couple of mails back and forth everything was wrapped up by 10:30AM and my site was fully functional.

In my case I had made some irresponsible changes to PHP on my production server which caused a severe issue with ZEND - and stopped my site from working. The support was excellent and well worth the support credit. I was willing to pay whatever it took to fix the problem even though it turned out to be a easy fix.