Google Base

Guest rcsdirect

Guest rcsdirect

Hi,

Can anyone help with google base, I exported my catalogue and uploaded it to google it came back with this resuilt.

Feed-Level Messages

Error: Delimiter detection failed - Error The column delimiter

I uploaded it to test first, and then to the data feed and it came back with different errors.

Does anyone know what I can do to solve this problem, or is it a Cubecart issue.

Many Thanks

Rob

google.pdf

www.rcsdirect.co.uk

I have no idea what happened on yours, but I've sent several feeds successfully to Google with an upgrade v4 to 5.0.5 site and a clean install 5.0.5 site. Does it look right when you open the feed on your computer? I use Excel to check mine, but there are open source office programs you could use.

Guest rcsdirect

I have no idea what happened on yours, but I've sent several feeds successfully to Google with an upgrade v4 to 5.0.5 site and a clean install 5.0.5 site. Does it look right when you open the feed on your computer? I use Excel to check mine, but there are open source office programs you could use.

Thanks for the reply, all I do is go to export save it to a text doc. Can you tell me what other programs I could use please.

Rob

www.rcsdirect.co.uk

Thanks for the reply, all I do is go to export save it to a text doc. Can you tell me what other programs I could use please.

Rob

www.rcsdirect.co.uk

I save it as a txt file, too, but I open it with Excel so I can see the columns and make sure everything looks OK before sending it to Google. I'm grabbing at straws, but take a look at http://www.paessler.com/knowledgebase/en/topic/2293-i-have-trouble-opening-csv-files-with-microsoft-excel-is-there-a-quick-way-to-fix-this and see if that helps in any way.