Product Options

Brian T

Hi,

In version 3 of cubecart, I’m trying to assign product options to one of my products. I am able to fill in the options I require using the menus in the Product Options section, but these are not showing up on the product page. Also, the product can’t actually be added to the basket when these are present. Is there a setting somewhere I’m missing which makes them appear on the product’s page?

Welcome Brian T! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

The product options feature is not known to be so troublesome. Could you give us a web address to see what might be happening?

There are a few standard questions we ask when things like this happen:

1. Which skin are you using? Is it a skin other than the stock skins?

2. Have applied any mods to the code? If so, list them.

3. Do you have any confusion about how the product options screen is supposed to work?

Hi,

Many thanks for replying. My website is www.mentalstarters.co.uk. I’m fairly sure there aren’t any skins added (I didn’t actually set up the website myself – so I don’t know all the ins and outs of cubecart). The section I’m trying to add options to is in the “Maths Topics KS4†section, as there are different licence versions, and at the minute it’s all described on 5 different pages.

The mods which are added are one to offer discounts using a discount code and another to allow paypal. I think there’s also one to offer percentage discounts (if that’s not already part of the package itself).

Not sure if that gives any clues. (I don’t have the options activated at the minute as it doesn’t appear on the product page, but prevents the item being added to the shopping cart.

Cheers,

Brian.

This store has installed a "MentalStarters" skin and is not one of the stock skins. So we will have some doubts as to whether this skin is properly coded to show the options.

And, because this skin is not one of the stock skins, we should continue this discussion over at www.cubecartforums.org - the forums to discuss custom skins and after-market functionality.