Digital download errors

Guest neilchampion

Guest neilchampion

Hi guys,

Hopefully someone can tell me where I'm going wrong. I'm new to CC, and want to sell music downloads, but cannot get the file to actually download. I'm getting this error message after successful completion of order:

"There was an error dowloading the file. Please contact a member of support for help."

It's frustrating as I've trawled the forums and seen advice for people with similar issues, but I know I'm inputting the correct server root path.

Is anyone able to assist? I was supposed to have our store live and operating this week and it doesn't look like that's going to happen.

Thanks

Neil

Hi Neil

It does look as though your server root path is incorrect.

You can find it out by creating a page that tells you.

Create a new php page in an editor, with the following

<?php

echo $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'];

?>

Save and name it rootTest.php or whatever. Upload this to the root of your server, then browse to it. This will give you your server root path.

You should get a result similar to this /home/sites/your-webite/public_html/ If the folder you have uploaded your products is outside the public_html folder (downloads, for example), you will need to put something like this on your product page, for example

/home/sites/your-webite/downloads/your_product_name.zip

DELETE THE FILE OFF YOUR SERVER WHEN DONE.

Lee