Just about at my breaking point

WhiteWillowStitching

Ok I've just about had it with v5. Just found an old v4 Database and am about ready to go back to it and just load everything new since then.

Trying to flip through products in admin and have page numbers suddenly disappear and not want to come back so that I can't move forward or backward without refreshing or clicking product again 10 times then can get to the page I want only to have it happen again as I'm trying to go to another page. Same happens when I have to find a customer order. Page one is always there but sometimes nothing else is. Of course it often happens when I'm on the phone with a customer and trying to keep them calm even though I can't get to their order!

Bigger problem. Some days I can change credit card orders to processing so that I can run all at once and mark which ones I've done. Other days, like the past two while I'm running a massive sale when this issue is really trouble, it just bogs down and times out and refuses to let me switch from pending to processing.

NO I'm not running 5.0.5 I'm running 5.0.4 because I tried the new version and had even more problems with images and other issues. I've had so much down time since upgrading from v4 that I could scream. It has cost me several thousand dollars in sales.

Another HUGE problem. Customers order once then try to log in to check their orders, place another order etc. and they can't log in or if they can they can't pay! They try to reset their passwords themselves and can't do it. Half the time if I go in and reset the password it doesn't work either. THIS IS COSTING ME CUSTOMERS and yes I'm yelling but at least I haven't resorted to ripping my hair out.

At this point I've paid money for a piece of software that not only doesn't work but is costing me money. I'm not the only one having these problems, many are. It has now been over 3 months since I switched from v4 with no good answers and fixes. Sure I could put in help tickets for every little bug but then I'd run out and I refuse to pay for more support on a broken piece of software when it isn't my fault.

Many of these bugs are already reported and say fixed in v5.0.6 so when the heck is that coming out? A time frame would be great so that if it is months away I can save time and sanity finding another cart or if it is days then I can hold out, cross my fingers, and hope it is all fixed in the next version.

Very angry right now,

Jamie

I updated to 5 as soon as it was released. Far too many bugs made it unreliable so I downgraded back to 4. I upgraded again when the next release came out and then swiftly downgraded back to 4 again. I've upgraded on every release and EVERY time, its either introduced further bugs or made it totally unreliable. Pages not appearing, processing emails being sent to admin only when the order is changed to complete, unable to save some changes to the database, occasional crashing when customers move to view the cart - I could go on and on.

Having a faulty shopping cart results in loosing customers and loosing money because they will go elsewhere. I was of the same mind that perhaps the next update will fix everything and it'll be useable - its now five attempts later and it still doesn't work properly. If they still can't get it right on five attempts....It isn't worth loosing the custom over it.

My advice;

Downgrade to v4, write off Cubecart as a company and cut your losses with the upgrade fee you paid. I have and my customers are buying without problems and I'm not spending most of my time chasing problems.

If I wasn't tempted last night in a fit of anger and frustration I sure am now! I just got notice from my v5 of an order with no address or order number, no total, nothing just the items ordered(which I am grateful for). Thankfully I got a paypal payment in at the same time and know the customer from a message board I chat on because I'm pretty sure it is her order. When I go into admin it doesn't show up at all! Of course the paypal payment has an order number but no list of what was ordered. When I search that order number it doesn't show up in my admin panel either. What a piece of garbage! If 5.0.6 isn't out this week, and isn't more stable that's it I'm done I'll go back to v4 until I can get another cart up and running from another company.

Jamie