Issue With 5.0.6 Package?

SemperFi

Previously noted here:

OH NO! I tried 5.0.6 on our clean install site and it just installed v5.0.5 again! I thought maybe they just failed to change the name on the Setup installation page, but after it installed the Dashboard Overview still shows it as 5.0.5.

Unfortunately I have to confirm this.

The installer gave options to install/upgrade to 505.

During the upgrade process, there does not appear to be any database upgrade step(s).

Then after the upgrade, store overview states 505 still.

Looking at the 'CubeCart_history' table, the upgrade added an entry, but it references 5.0.5.

Looking in the '/setup/db/upgrade/' directory, there is no '5.0.6.sql' file.

So that leaves two main questions:

- was there meant to be database upgrades?

- is the 506 package complete or are there issues with the package like there was with 505's release?

A prompt response would be highly appreciated as already disappointed CC5 users are hoping this release will fix the issues they are experiencing.

Bug report created - http://bugs.cubecart.com/view.php?id=3119

This should be interesting. I reverted to my backed up files until this is straightened out.

I am not surprised yet still disappointed. I've been testing other shopping carts, saving money and waiting to see what happens over the next month. Come the slow down in my sales trend after the 1st of the year I'll make a decision giving me lots of time to test and save up.

Jamie

Comparing a 5.0.5 to a 5.0.6 directory, there are:

Identical Files: 1773 1773

Different: 114 114 (updated four skin templates for each of five skins, tweaked almost all the language files, the Smarty engine, many of the classes and several admin screens)

First Only: 11 (thumbs_up and _down from five skins and a .htaccess file in the editor)

Second Only: 40 (added a language, TotalWeb gateway, ShareYourCart plugin)

One file that was not modified is:

ini.inc.php that defines the PHP constant CC_VERSION, which is still defined as 5.0.5.

There are no differences in the SQL scripts used to upgrade or fresh install the database between the two versions. I'm not convinced that the absence of an upgrade script for a particular version is necessary if there is no database changes from the prior version. Note that there is no script for 5.0.2.

I will conclude this is 5.0.6 and I will manually edit the ini.inc.php file to reflect that.

There are still issues with CC5. There are still issues with CC4 and CC3 (although minor to annoying). It is my opinion (just that), based on release announcements for CC3 and CC4, it might take 9-12 months and 8-10 releases from the initial 5.0.0 Final to find and fix all the most serious bugs. (CC5 Final released 22Jun11)

It's just been uploaded again. I don't know how I managed it but somehow the version number didn't get updated. There are no database changes so you can just upload the files over your existing ones. Your store showing 5.0.5 will have the 5.0.6 code.

I'm sorry. The mistake has been fixed now and the 5.0.6 package now contains the right version number.

If you want to you can upload the ini.inc.php file from the latest package to fix the version number.

It's just been uploaded again. I don't know how I managed it but somehow the version number didn't get updated. There are no database changes so you can just upload the files over your existing ones. Your store showing 5.0.5 will have the 5.0.6 code.

I'm sorry. The mistake has been fixed now and the 5.0.6 package now contains the right version number.

If you want to you can upload the ini.inc.php file from the latest package to fix the version number.

Sorry, Al, but I just downloaded the "new" 5.0.6 zip and it STILL shows Upgrade to 5.0.5 on the Setup screen! I'm gun shy and will wait for this to be fixed before I install it.

You don't actually need to run the setup script with this release. Check the ini.inc.php file. It should say 5.0.6 yours probably says 5.0.5.

That's the only way I know how to do an upgrade/update.

I cleared cache, uploaded the 5.0.6zip, extracted it, and ran setup. How else can it be done???

Guest uktradehouse

I tried this upgrade this morning, I am running a 100% standard version of 5.05 but all I got was a blank page on the store front, admin ran ok, did all the usual, cache clearing etc but nothing. Gone back to a back up. Think i'll give up on the upgrades.

I constantly got this error: [Exception] /home/sites/mydomain.com/public_html/includes/lib/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php:127 - Unable to load template file 'js.tpl'

I tried this upgrade this morning, I am running a 100% standard version of 5.05 but all I got was a blank page on the store front, admin ran ok, did all the usual, cache clearing etc but nothing. Gone back to a back up. Think i'll give up on the upgrades.

I constantly got this error: [Exception] /home/sites/mydomain.com/public_html/includes/lib/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php:127 - Unable to load template file 'js.tpl'

When you cleared the Cache did you do that through the admin panel or through ftp? This is where my first install hung up and thankfully I caught the failed notices from my ftp software. I had to go into cache and delete what I could manually. Somethings took more than one try and some refused to be deleted at all. The next problem was within the Cache folder is a Skins folder. I couldn't get it to delete to save my life. I had to rename it and then upload the files again to make it work.

If there is a problem with an upgrade it always happens to me. 5.0.5 was really buggy so I went back to5.0.4 but other than the trouble I had listed above, there were no other problems with 5.0.6.

When you cleared the Cache did you do that through the admin panel or through ftp? This is where my first install hung up and thankfully I caught the failed notices from my ftp software. I had to go into cache and delete what I could manually. Somethings took more than one try and some refused to be deleted at all. The next problem was within the Cache folder is a Skins folder. I couldn't get it to delete to save my life. I had to rename it and then upload the files again to make it work.

If there is a problem with an upgrade it always happens to me. 5.0.5 was really buggy so I went back to5.0.4 but other than the trouble I had listed above, there were no other problems with 5.0.6.

I've found the easiest and fastest way to delete Cache before an install is to do it from the File Manager in cpanel.

I've found the easiest and fastest way to delete Cache before an install is to do it from the File Manager in cpanel.

I am getting the same error in my logfile.

I get keeping blank page when I try to open my store. I can access admin panel, but store front is not running.

Anyone, who can help me out with this problem?

Greetings,

Marcel

I get keeping blank page when I try to open my store. I can access admin panel, but store front is not running.

Greetings,

Marcel

It must have something to do with the language files. Try changing the default language of your store to English and see if it works that way.

Greetings,

Marcel

It must have something to do with the language files. Try changing the default language of your store to English and see if it works that way.

I tried it, but no change :-(

Greetings,

Marcel

I was hoping. I noticed your website has an .nl domain, and I know CC5 is having some language file problems.

Greetings,

Marcel

I was hoping. I noticed your website has an .nl domain, and I know CC5 is having some language file problems.

It did work in 5.0.5.......... waiting for Al to solve this problem.....