Free shipping doesn't work with gift voucher usage

tomoharu

The store offers free shipping over a certain amount, but if a gift certificate is purchased, upon its usage the free shipping isn't offered. It just gives the standard shipping options no matter the total amount. Any quick way to fix this? I had to disable gift certificates last year because of this problem (new customers weren't happy being gifted then having to pay for shipping because of a glitch) , but would like to offer them again this time of year especially.

I'm assuming gift amounts would have to be worked in as a payment option in the code rather than a discount. I see another thread regarding this bug from 2007 (!!) but haven't seen it widely addressed. Was also a reported bug, but unresolved. Quite a while back I tried the user-supplied code to no avail.

Any help is appreciated.

Updated: a slight tweak to that code and it works for orders where the gift code amount is equal to or more than the order total, but not if there's a small dollar balance. Curious. Will keep at it.