Anyone else having AMEX problems?

WhiteWillowStitching

• 3 months later...

YES!, Here is what happens when a customer tries to purchase with AMEX - they get this error message;

The following errors were detected:

• Please enter a valid CVV2 security code. This is a three or four digit code normally found on the rear of the card.

We are using the Card capture method, since CC still does not work with our gateway (elavon)

I fixed it by turning off the "Enable Card Validation" under payment gateway settings.

This needs to be a bug report.

• 5 weeks later...

I thought this problem was going to be fixed in 5.08, but after updating to 5.08 and setting up the card capture gateway to enable validation, the error message still pops up when using AMEX as payment - "Please enter a valid CVV2 security code. This is a three or four digit code normally found on the rear of the card"

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ryanloop

This is very strange. If Amex was fine prior, then something clearly changed. I would start with putting in an amex number straight into the gateway. If that goes thru, you will know for certain the gateway is working. You just need to your hands on an amex card.

This would give you a solid starting point.

I wish I could be of more help. Good luck!

• 1 year later...

Seems like this issue is back, I have not upgraded to 5.2.2 still on 5.2.1 yet, but there was nothing in the release notes that it was fixed.
Anybody else having the

Please enter a valid CVV2 security code. This is a three or four digit code normally found on the rear of the card.

Error ?

Andy

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I'm running 5.2.2 and using card capture. I aalso just discovered this same issue. A client made me aware of said issue, and when I checked, same problem here. The customer can't enter the four digit CVV, it only accepts three digit as the CVV code. Has anyone had a chance to look at this or found a fix yet?

Thank you!

Only Amex has a four-digit CVV number. I would assume so, but I have to ask, have you enabled Amex as a card you are willing to accept?

Also, I believe the Card Cature gateway has a few problems. In the file gateway.class.php for the Card_Capture gateway:

The regex phrase, used to determine the card type based on the number sequence, is badly expressed. At line 238, make the line look like:

'Amex' => '#^3[47][0-9]{13}$#',

This also fixes the problem that elsewhere, the code is testing against "Amex" and not "AMERICAN EXPRESS'.

The test to determine a valid CVV2 code number is performed before the test to determine the card type. Find this range of statements:

// Check the security code if required
if ($this->_module['cvv_req']) {
  $this->securityCode($securityCode);
}

and place it above:

return $this->_validate_card_data;

I will wait until someone transacts an order using this gateway (making sure the card number entered actually gets you a payment) before I post this to the Bug Tracker.

Also, for the Card Capture gateway, the admin control panel for that module asks for: Store CVV Security Code. This needs to be enabled for the data entry form presented to the customer to show the field that collects the CVV code. It is not enough to require it. A better phrase would be: Ask and Save CVV Security Code.

The customer will get really confused if you require the code, but have no place on the form to enter it.

With the edits I posted earlier, I successfully checked out (order still at Pending like it should be).