Canada Post Shipping Model Not Working

Guest BelowTheBelt

Guest BelowTheBelt

Hello...

I contacted Canada post and set up an Merchant ID and account, filled in all necessary forums online, now after all that coming back to cube cart and inserting my new ID from Canada Post; only to find out its not working!!!!

Has anyone else had luck setting this up... seems there is no document support given after being extorted out of a few hundred bucks for CC v5.0, I am pissed off.

Any pointers on how to get this working, my store is pretty much useless because the UPS plugin does not worth either... I am less than a kilometre away from a UPS dispatch centre, so giving me some BS line about UPS not being in Canada is messed UP!

Come on cube cart coders fix this !

So does anyone who works from cubecart actually come to these forums to help people ?

If you want direct help from CC you need to submit a Support Ticket. If you think it might be a bug, you need to Submit a Bug Report. You can also ask for paid help on the .org forum. Otherwise you mostly get fellow users helping each other here. I'm soory, but I'm in the US, so I don't know anything about Canada post.

Guest BelowTheBelt

Thank you so much for your answer mate, I appreciate your time very much.

So does anyone who works from cubecart actually come to these forums to help people ?

If you want direct help from CC you need to submit a Support Ticket. If you think it might be a bug, you need to Submit a Bug Report. You can also ask for paid help on the .org forum. Otherwise you mostly get fellow users helping each other here. I'm soory, but I'm in the US, so I don't know anything about Canada post.

• 1 month later...

Hmmm - I've had good results with support tickets. What version are you on? If not the latest, you need to upgrade, as they've squashed lots of bugs in previous versions of 5. Can you login to your support account, and do you see your ticket is still OPEN??

You've probably seen it, but I found this in the v4 forum:

I GOT THE CanadapOST MODULE TO WORK.

- you have to call Canadapost.ca to get your "Merchant ID" call: 1-866-511-0546

- your "Merchant ID" would look something like this "CPC_YOUR_BUSSINESS_NAME"

- cansapost would also provide you with password to log into their http://sellonline.canadapost.ca/ site.

- you have to update your business information in there website in order to the module to work properly.

-

- Insert "Merchant ID" this in the canapost shipping module in the cubecart.

- enable the Canadapost shipping.

- You are ready to ship by Canadapost.

Try copying the attached cptest.php file to your web server and running it - it tests the connection from your web server to Canada Post and reports if successful or not.

If it is not successful talk to your ISP, they may be blocking ports.

Also, in your SellOnline control panel at http://sellonline.canadapost.ca/servlet/LogonServlet?Language=0, don't forget to set the module to "Live".

cptest.php