Shop by category links are wacky, randomly change

fairtomidland

Does anyone else have this problem? I thought it was the apache mod rewrite, but it happens with or without the rewrite. The category links change to these extremely long links, and the linked page shows without any formatting. I go clear cache and save the general settings page without changing anything, and it goes back to normal. Please help, the site has to be constantly checked to make sure the category links work. Losing sales because of this, no doubt.

This started happening after the 5.06 update.

the site is http://www.eyewearchain.com and the version is 5.06

I turned caching off, but will turn back on to see if I can duplicate the issue.

Please feel free to always mention the exact version of CubeCart you are using (oh, ok, 5.0.6), and a web address we can visit. We can use this information to look through the code of the version you've mentioned to find why this may be happening and to see for ourselves what 'extremely long links' look like and why the CSS files aren't loading.

Does anyone else have this problem? I thought it was the apache mod rewrite, but it happens with or without the rewrite. The category links change to these extremely long links, and the linked page shows without any formatting. I go clear cache and save the general settings page without changing anything, and it goes back to normal. Please help, the site has to be constantly checked to make sure the category links work. Losing sales because of this, no doubt.

This started happening after the 5.06 update.

I think I'm having an empty cart problem caused by this same issue. I have not been able to consistently reproduce it, so I haven't submitted a bug report yet.

See this thread: http://forums.cubecart.com/topic/44813-first-report-of-empty-cart-problem-with-505/

I notice you get a different url for HOME in the breadcrumb than you do for Homepage in the Category box. That happens to me sometimes, except I get www sometimes in the Category box when I shouldn't. I have SEO urls in place and currently have cache disabled to see if that helps.

Another interesting anomaly...

I am going to turn on the SEO urls, and turn off the cache because I don't want to leave the site like it is.

Here is an example home page url that is wacky in case anyone can help figure this out.-

http://www.eyewearchain.com/index.php/customer/whimsical-chains/eyeglass-strap-leather/eyeglass-strap-leather/skins/kurouto/styles/leather-eyeglass-chains/index.php

The url above is listing all of my custom urls for each category, yet the SEO urls were turned off at the time.

If you notice the /customer/ folder that is after the index.php at the beginning, that is sometimes different, like /cart/ etc.

It would be nice to enable caching again.

Somehow, $currentpage is getting corrupted. The value of this variable shows up in a number of HTML files (as $VAL_SELF) and acquires a value from a starting source of $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] and goes through just a bit of processing.

Can you show us the content of the .htaccess file?

On a fresh install of CC5.0.6, this is the contents of the .htaccess file as seen in the admin Settings screen, Search Engines tab:

## File Security

<FilesMatch ".(htaccess)$">

Order Allow,Deny

Deny from all

</FilesMatch>

#### Apache directory listing rules ####

DirectoryIndex index.php index.htm index.html

IndexIgnore *

#### Rewrite rules for SEO functionality ####

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>

RewriteEngine On

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !=/favicon.ico

RewriteRule ^(.*).html?$ index.php?seo_path=$1 [L,QSA]

</IfModule>

I am not an expert in .htaccess coding, so I will just suggest that you try removing the lines in your .htaccess file that do not appear here. I will not suggest that you add what is missing in your file compared with this as I don't know what that will do to your site. But having two sets of what is, I believe, programmatically the same thing is bad.

OK, explains a lot, I upgraded from v4, and the installer appended. I need to read up on .htaccess. The original htaccess.txt file on the server contains just one line. I am not sure if it needs to be added to the .htaccess file Code follows:

# Use PHP5 Single php.ini as default

AddHandler application/x-httpd-php5s .php

Checking website, the long links are back after doing the .htaccess change to what you gave me. I am disabling the cache. The problem happens when cache enabled.

Here is a link generated to the homepage:

http://www.eyewearchain.com/index.php/customer/whimsical-chains/eyeglass-strap-leather/leather-eyeglass-chains/skins/kurouto/styles/grey/silver-eyeglass-chains/eyeglass-strap-leather/index.php

Checking website, the long links are back after doing the .htaccess change to what you gave me. I am disabling the cache. The problem happens when cache enabled.

Here is a link generated to the homepage:

http://www.eyewearch...ather/index.php

That link goes to the white page with just all the xl links. Deleting all the extra stuff and just using http://www.eyewearchain.com/ works.

I am able to clear the cache folder through my ftp, both main and skin folders. I did that when I enabled it earlier.

Here is something interesting, with caching disabled, it is still writing files to the cache folder. But the links are fine. I am going to keep the caching disabled.

My cache is disabled and has been since yesterday. The main cache folder is empty, but the skins folder had 19 items in it. I deleted them manually via ftp and then clicked around in the site. The files are back in skins, but main cache is still empty.

Here are the files that were still cached in the skin folder:

file.common.html.php

file.content.product.php.php

file.main.php.php

file.content.category.php.php

file.box.documents.php.php

file.element.paginate.php.php

file.box.navigation.php.php

file.box.basket.php.php

file.box.sale_items.php.php

file.box.errors.php.php

file.content.recaptcha.php.php

file.box.language.php.php

file.box.currency.php.php

file.box.featured.php.php

file.box.search.php.php

file.box.newsletter.php.php

file.element.navigation_tree.php.php

file.box.session.php.php

file.content.homepage.php.php

As an aside to bsmither on another issue - I notice newsletter is still getting into the code somewhere.

After clearing cache, Main cache folder contents:

72b0d.acp.showNavigation.cache

Skins folder contents:

3c97de3e99aa7180e4c3a93fe2405d1e6d646f49.file.content.document.php.php

8ad94f8e2940440df9130ff3844580c661fc0744.file.content.contact.php.php

567f2872ce8b2ac47e46997c2e919fa6b638dd9d.file.content.certificates.php.php

etc....