My shipping stopped working:(

Guest Janet07

Guest Janet07

Hi

I have version 3.0.20 and it was working fine till the end of Nov 2011. One order was fine, shipping included the next order there was no shipping on it. I am in Australia and use Australia post by weight which has been fine. one day it stopped working. I check the modual and disbled and re enabled it and no sucess. This version of CC has worked fine for me and at this stage I would like to avoid upgrading so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Welcome Janet07! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

Let's start by asking if you have personally tried to make a purchase and at the end when the customer has the choice of 1st Class or 2nd Class shipping options, do those options actually appear in the cart summary page (step 4, I believe)? Does any order that does not show what shipping was chosen have as it's bottom-line cost sum up to the cost of goods, plus tax, plus an estimate of shipping? Or does the bottom-line cost sum up to goods and taxes only?

I will also assume you have done nothing to the store's code? No modifications, no skin changes?

You mention CC3.0.20, but in the admin dashboard, could you also let us know what version of PHP is running and whether this is a Linux or Windows system on the server?

I can also see where, if a customer gives the country of delivery using a name not recognized as a legitimate country ISO code, then shipping will not be available - but CC should throw out a warning about not being able to ship to that country.

When something happens between one day when it worked and then the next day when it didn't, we always find that something changed, and if you didn't do anything, then your hosting provider did something. Could you verify if your hosting upgraded PHP, or the MySQL database, or installed/tweaked some security measure, or..... about the time when you concluded your Shipping by Weight module wasn't recording the shipping?

I'll be asking you to do some experiments by making some changes to the code and then you will make some purchases (but never actually reaching the point where you would be paying for them).

Guest Janet07

Thank you for responding.

I will try my best as I am not great with computer stuff, so no I did not change anything though there are a few things that I would like to but as I am just a novice at computer anything, changing anything that is not straight forward and easily changed back has not happened.

I did nothing to my site at all...my theory is if it aint broke leave well enough alone.

I bought a template version of cube cart from a website builder/host. They put in the basic info such as the page header and all the computer jargon... all I had to do was add the information and photos and set up shippin, affiliates etc but all in plain english not computer speak. This was running perfectly well fo about 15months till one day no shipping cost:(

The PHP Version: 5.2.17

MySQL Version: 5.0.92-community-log

the server software is Apache I only have shipping within Australia turned on so the shipping options I have available are standard, express and pick up.

Yes have tried to purchase items and the shipping is not added to the cart. The drop down box appears and the options offered but only with my optional packaging fee added. Not the Australia post $ amount or the shipping time for either standard or express post...first or second class... I turned my site off and tried several combinations to try to get it working. disabled, changed, anything and everything online offline..I could in the shipping module and still no shipping was added. I even yelled at it but alas no joy

Is there a way to figure out the date that things have been change by my hosting server? other than asking them as I emailed them last week but have had no response.

I am willing to give anything a try to get the site up and running properly as it is as usless as a house brick at the moment....

Thank you

The Shipping-by-Weight adds only two options: 1st Class and 2nd Class (which may have been renamed to express and standard) and the respective cost according to the "bands" you specify in the admin Ship-by-Weight control panel.

You mention there is a shipping drop-down selector shown during checkout, but the only option is an "optional packaging fee"? And "pick-up"? Are these other shipping modules that you enabled?

I will suggest that you find someone who you are willing to allow access to your database, your hosted space where the CubeCart code is located, and the Admin side of your store. You say you are not great with computer stuff, so the things I was going to suggest you do to trace out the problem may be beyond your abilities.