You don't have permission to access /cart/admin.php on this server

Guest mjparty

Guest mjparty

Hi - I am suddenly getting the below error when trying to add in a new product. It was working in the morning ok and then in the afternoon the error started coming up. I have just upgraded to version 5.06 to see if this makes a difference but no luck. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /cart/admin.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I believe this comes from the web server (Apache, etc) that uses the .htaccess file to allow or deny access to files and folders.

If not .htaccess, then something your hosting provider implemented - some security protocol.

Then, if not that, permissions on the main folder, the store folder, the admin.php file.

I think this is not an issue with CubeCart itself nor was caused by CC changing permissions.

Guest mjparty

Thanks bsmither - You were correct, after playing with the permissions etc, you then replied so I then went to the host - their response below:

"Two Mod Security rules were being triggered. These two rules have now been whitelisted for your site and so this issue should now be resolved."

Now it all works great.