Resolved - PayPal Transaction Log

Dirty Butter

I've been meaning to ask this for a long time. I see this in the log for the standard PP payment transactions. I do not use the PP Pro version.

Payer Status: unverified Amount paid didn't match amount on invoice

Customers ARE paying the correct amount, so I'm just curious as to why it's reported.

• 1 month later...

A client had a similar problem, try taking a backup of: modulesgatewayPayPalgateway.class.php then make the following change, see if it fixes

FIND:

if (isset($_POST['mc_gross']) && trim($_POST['mc_gross']) !== $order_summary['prod_total']) {

$transData['notes'][]    = "Amount paid didn't match amount on invoice.";

}

And try changing to:

if(isset($_POST['mc_gross'])){

$_POST['mc_gross'] == trim($_POST['mc_gross']);

if((float)$_POST['mc_gross'] !== (float)$order_summary['prod_total']){

$transData['notes'][] = "Amount paid didn't match amount on invoice.";

}

}

Don't think they ever got back to say whether or not it had actually worked though, but I was suspecting that it might be trying to compare a string variable to a double or something along those lines. Let us know if that helps

Hmm, next step then is just to try debugging it really.. try changing:

$transData['notes'][] = "Amount paid didn't match amount on invoice.";

To

$transData['notes'][] = "Amount paid didn't match amount on invoice. ".$_POST['mc_gross']." vs ".$order_summary['prod_total'];

Should print out the values for both on the transaction log then, maybe will give a clue as to what's going on and why they're not tallying up

OK. Latest order shows

Payer Status: verified Amount paid didn't match amount on invoice. 40.35 vs

. So it's not picking up the order summary product total yet.

Don't know if this is the problem, but the _order_summary table uses total, not prod_total as the column name. As a test while I wait to hear back from you, I'm going to try changing that to just total and see what happens.

• 2 months later...