languages

johnvaljc

Hi

On the upgrade In the language folders I have the Italian folder But there is no "it.IT.xml" file or "email_it_IT.xml" are these files available yet or still being written.?

The Languages I would like would be Danish (NO Folder names in the Language Folder) and Italian. Is the Danish not available yet or still being worked on.

2nd question when using the Languages I do have. Dutch French Spanish German I and this happens with them all and in all skins.

Shop By Category (Menu)

"Home page" is over written by the new language name for Home. English (Home) with the new language on top it looks a mess. How to solve this would be helpful.

When you have Google asking to translate the page and you translate to English the Home tab looks perfect with just Home and the translation of Home on top.

Thank you for your time

JohnC

Catégorie

Liste De Diffusion

Entrez votre adresse e-mail pour recevoir notre newsletter

Screenshot looks perfect http://www.perfumevaljc.com/index.php? In french

Taking off languages later

The layout of the skins seems to have been sized appropriately for the English collection of phrases. Other languages may have shorter or longer translations.

The store owner has three options: adjust the current skin, rephrase the phrase, use a custom skin.

1. For that skin, in the file common.css line 156, adjust width from 200 to 250, but that causes the left column to encroach on the middle column. On line 167, you can change padding: 0 210px 0 260px !important but that causes the Recent Products to go to 2 per row. On line 32, you can change the width to 1050px.

2. Try to use something other than Faire du shopping par catégorie. I don't know French, but I'm sure that can be chopped shorter.

3. Good luck with a custom skin.

The layout of the skins seems to have been sized appropriately for the English collection of phrases. Other languages may have shorter or longer translations.

The store owner has three options: adjust the current skin, rephrase the phrase, use a custom skin.

1. For that skin, in the file common.css line 156, adjust width from 200 to 250, but that causes the left column to encroach on the middle column. On line 167, you can change padding: 0 210px 0 260px !important but that causes the Recent Products to go to 2 per row. On line 32, you can change the width to 1050px.

2. Try to use something other than Faire du shopping par catégorie. I don't know French, but I'm sure that can be chopped shorter.

3. Good luck with a custom skin.

Hi

Not sure about altering css file just put in a translation tried to find out where <a href="http://www.perfumevaljc.com/index.php" title="Page d'accueil">Page d'accueil</a> was but unable to find it to change Page d'accuell to Homepage like it is in Dutch. The fun thing is the Spanish one seems to be the only one working well with the dutch same spelling johnC

Also <a href="http://www.perfumevaljc.com/index.php" title="Startseite">Startseite</a>

There must be something in the code somewhere for Spanish to work but French and German not got it.

Hi

Tried to find where "Faire du shopping par catégorie" was in the files was but was unable to find the phase to change it.It did appear in Languages section of Admin - Navigation - phrases Edit Phrases pressed the revert button and it went into English and unable to revert it back to french,

Tried Compress file to have a look at the file and not to just export it and Selected this to enable file compression I am using Google chrome it wiped out the website the only thing showing was the Favicon icon Had to go back into files and exported/deleted the compressed file and the website was back on line. Altered the German just to Nach Kategorie and without changing the css file line 156 and It works fine. You do get stuck in German someone in the forum was stuck in German. Work the software clear the cookies/catch etc and it begins to work fine.

While deleting the compressed files started to panic to get the website back on line reasons unknown I deleted the 2 french xml files as well.

I feel that Cubecart must bring out a book/leaflet with more tips and help.

There are not many other websites that have the translations on

Like like to thank every one for their help in this forum we learned a lot about how cc5 and languages work. Johnc

Its only the Italian one I am after the 2 xml files that are not in cc5