Upgrade Questions - 502 to 507

CaptainKaos

Couple questions on upgrade

no2 in the doc says

Q2 Upload the entire contents of this folder over your existing files replacing all existing ones.

So we may as well delete the folder and just upload the new one ?

reason i ask my ftp program (transmit) deletes every thing then up loads - or should this be a merge with over right existing files ?

which then leaves the customer store images / modded theme, ect?

Q4 says = If all files have uploaded successfully the setup page should load. Please select "Upgrade CubeCart" and follow the on screen instructions.

There was "upgrade" top right corner? but it did not do any thing when clicked , also only other choice was install at the bottom

which then is same as doing clean install - as i needed getting to the set up page where ALL details needed ? if im doing an upgrade

it should see the config file with DB and Key details is this correct ? (but that got deleted in the ftp upload)

or did i just miss some thing

Thanks

Capt K

No, you shouldn't delete the files that the instructions say to leave. You need to merge the existing files with the files you are uploading.

Your store config (db details, etc.) is in

/includes/global.inc.php

If you look in the files you are uploading, you'll notice this file doesn't exists - there is just a global.inc.php-dist which is used to create global.inc.php if you are doing a clean install. So when you merge the files, your current global.inc.php won't be overwritten. If you delete your global.inc.php then the setup process will assume you are doing a clean install and won't give you the option to upgrade.